• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phoned for Diesel yesterday and guess what up .05 cents!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phoned for Diesel yesterday and guess what up .05 cents!

Big tank is bone dry after harvest so phoned for some Diesel. Listened all day how commodities were crashing like oil. Much to my surprise I was told that Diesel just went up .05 cents on Monday morning from Petro Can and Coop.
    So price spikes when oil drops. Hm were getting screwed really bad.
    Much like fert when natural gas is half of what it was worth in 2008.
    Little tank will do till winter diesel is ready in november.

Its the OPEN MARKET...get used to it. You don't like "free enterprise"?...then off to Cuba with ya. Yep, that'll calm you down.

Comment

At least i have a choice. With your CWB i
      dont were twins with them. Its a heads up
      long weekend let the gouging begin.

Comment

Oil companies sure knew we needed diesel for harvest! At least $.10 a liter gouged.
        Free enterprise still needs moral people with integrity to work fairly. That's what is lacking.
        Occupy Wall Street does have merit.

Comment

You mean .05 dollars.

.05 cents wouldn't be worth talking about.

Comment

Given that we have to compete globally with production in jurisdictions that may not include the price gap based upon "What the market will bear principle" as operates in Canadian farm inputs today insuring fair pricing margins are in our best interest.

Choice based upon take it or leave it are not necessarily the essence of market environment we can afford long term.

I say this noting that the former Soviet Union seems to produce grain very cheaply and we may have to compete on their terms one day soon. In which case every nickel may seem important.

Comment

Integrity for me its a .10 cents a liter loss. From one day to the other.
              IF I take my .05 cents for bulk off and the .05 cents a liter they added on a semi load it adds up.
              Sorry .05 doesnt seem a big deal to you. To me every fricking penny makes me money.

Comment

Right over your head sask

Comment

Saskfarmer3: They are saying .05 cents = 1/20th of a cent. Like 5(not .05)cents is 1/20th of a dollar. We all knew what you were talking about, some just like point out the not so obvious.

Comment

What is fuel worth then in Sask was just now looking through our harvest period satement and with affda removed we were .8840 on 07/09 and the same on 14/09 but dropped to .8640 on 28/09. So our price dropped 2 cents a litre in the last fill which makes more sense with the oil prices coming off recently.

Comment

SE Sask: Aug/11--.9220/liter
                      Sept/7--.9020/liter
                      Oct/04--.9250/liter

From a local Co-op that has been paying 5% dividend in the past few years, so roughly another 4.5 cents a liter off of those prices.

Comment

Add 6 cents to ours for the alberta farm fuel program discount program. and we are paying more at our fed. coop branch, likely higher frieght back here from refinery position accounts for that.

Comment

Explosion and fire at the coop upgrader in Regina today. They said it was in the area they make diesel fuel, I wonder what it affect it will have on supply and prices....

Comment

Three guesses, up, up and up goes our prices.

Comment

Demand is dropping harvest is done!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...