• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB benefits example Again

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB benefits example Again

No one can explain any benefit so far? Posted again just to make sure.... What an opportunity for board supporters!

This was taken from wheat example way down the list and thought it would make a good question for board supporters to answer. Have at it.

So Integrity Farmer, suppose the wheat is 5 Bucks where the CWB is trying to market wheat along with everyone else. Location unimportant.

How does the CWB get me more money then what the market will pay for it?

If we use canola for example, i can get within pennies of what the exchange says it is worth and there are no marketing costs like CWBs Gord Flaten's dry cleaning bill. Certainly a big reason why it was an absolute failure to put canola under the CWB. There was not shown any value whatsoever putting canola with the CWB. Best you could get was an average price for the year, of course minus marketing fees, pensions, sick days, bonuses, stress pay, law suits with every Tom Dick and Harry, little Timmy's braces, and on and on.

If I sold 1/12 of my crop on the second tuesday every month, i would effectively achieve the same without the above expenses.

So I ask again and carefully and a great opportunity for you to show me something tangible, if wheat was off the CWB and was just like canola is today, how would the CWB provide me a price bump and benefit over what the wheat gets sold for to convince me to put it on the CWB?

Begining to wonder if Agriville community is getting pissed off about me asking this over and over. But it seems that the drum beating board clones have no business case, only emotion. Now THAT will rid canada of small farmers, not the board removal.

And oh yes, its the red faced emoticon!

Comment

Yah, Herr Ritz is doing your bidding so, yes, why don't you give it a rest and sit back and wait for the "glory day" to arrive? Hallelujah! our saviour has come.

Comment

Exactly what i mean Willie. You want to keep the board but you can't even begin to explain why in terms of actual real benefits.

Even you must find this ironic?

Comment

This question is like asking a pilot how to repair a Rolls Royce Trent 1000 engine.

I for one do not approve of your over simplistic approach to a very complicated market.

All I know is that people much more intelligent than you and I with regards to agriculture economics have said the CWB is a good thing.

Another advantage with the CWB is keeping Monsanto out of the GM wheat business. That alone probably saves me $80,000 per year.

Comment

Just like i'm not asking you to explain genetic male sterility hybrid production. Using your example it would be like i'm asking the pilot to explain the advantage of ailerons

It isn't that hard, You see a price you like, you sell. Or deferred delivery. Or options and futures. Puts and calls. Or contract with the customer with THEIR specs and agreed on price.

The question is quite simple, how does the board provide me value above dollar cost average? Let alone DCA minus the 400 some employees taking their pound of flesh? DCA is explained above in the question.

Re RR wheat. The canola industry works together and must have event approval in the 7 top exporting countries before that event is grown here in Canada. No 4th tier socio economic factors for approval as proposed ridiculously by the CWB, only science based safety of food feed environment. The existing science based method is world respected and remains that way. It would have been the same for wheat if the Borg wasn't there who put ALL events and novel foods in the dark ages.

Still waiting for the answer how the board benefits me. I'm not asking you to prove God exists although i think it may be easier, only financial benefit of CWB. Please take the time to answer that, if not for me then at least for yourself.

Comment

If there is no comercial gm wheat in the world today, so the fact the cwb is responsible for that, ah, should you get hit now or ah . lets leave yourself hit yourself, what a lame brain talk of you again. Please give me a steal post to punch.

Comment

Wd, You and me and many others have worn the board supporters, they repeat repeat repeat. Repeat times 1 million. They will not talk to reason so we have the right to force.

Comment

One would think that the CWB would break their silence in this desperate time of saving themselves by providing to the media a single clear cut sale of a wheat cargo, a durum cargo, and a barley cargo that definitively showed that it achieved a premium price for DA farmers, just to shut guys like wd9 up.

At a train station, trains stops, at a bus station, buses stop, and since the CWB has desks with work stations ...

Comment

worried about genetic wheat ?
                    Look what happened in the flax world
                    Last time I looked CWB never graded nor variety checked my wheat

Comment

Integrity farmer, I would like the name of the farmer that is smarter than you and wd9? lol

Comment

They did check huyde's wheat. Where is that court case now. That one could cost 50 million as well to the cwb if they lose.

Checking

Remember when some of our customers over in Africa mentioned the preferred treatment the cwb gives them in pricing etc. I think that was algeria, the country that currently houses momar ghadaffi's family.

Comment

It's too complicated to explain is not an answer. It's a cop out and part of the con game mono's are playing.

Lets face it, if it were all that complicated simpletons like Oberg and the crazy 8 wouldn't be in charge.

Comment

Call it Ockham's razor or lex parsimoniae or for I_F, keep it simple stupid, there are no benefits to the CWB.

I'm actually surprised, nothing? Really?

Comment

QUOTE:

Another advantage with the CWB is keeping Monsanto out of the GM wheat business. That alone probably saves me $80,000 per year.

UNQUOTE

Someone should write the BOD a registered letter and ask of their involvement in GM wheat before they leave for good. Conversely, get it on public record via a standing committee.

I_F, you are either naive or disingenuous - which is it?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...