• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

land rent

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avg gross per/acre is approx $300-325/acre at today's prices. Avg prices it would be probably be closer to 250-300/acre. Your avg costs to put the crop in the ground I am guessing are close to $200/acre not including land rent. I would assume you would want at least a 25% to 33% ROI. So that would be between $50-$66/acre for yourself. Rent should be between $40-$50.

You take all the risk with both price and production, I would think that would be a fair rent for both parties. But by those calculations most people would be paying way to much.

I wouldn't be surprised if most people haven't figured out what they should be paying for rent, they only know what the neighbour is paying so they will pay one dollar more. And i guarantee most investment companies buying land have no clue about the productive capacity of the land.

Comment

35 canola
      50 wheat
      50 peas
      People think that is the new normal and they base their numbers on it. True, in the Humboldt area, 3 of the last 4 years, those numbers were obtained, but can we expect those yields to continue? Not likely when you factor in a return to normal conditions. (early frost, too dry etc.) Some will pay the big bucks and get away with it. Fine. These are the ones that push the business of farming. But when tough times come, some of these same people are the first to be squeezed.

Comment

Hey Hopperbin - if you are seriously considering renting out I would like to talk to you. How can I get in touch?

Comment

With the slight possibility of renting out land it really brings out the trolls. At least its not someone phoning the day of the funeral.

Comment

Trolls? How is having an interest in renting land paramount to being a troll?

Comment

The guy never even said he wanted to rent out his land, just asking on prices. If you want to rent the land you must know who he is, not to hard to figure out from his previous posts. Why not ask him personally you land troll.

Maybe we could have an auction on agriville.

Comment

Wow, I didn't know someone with the maturity level of pre-k could type on a computer. Does your mommy spell check for you?
                I have better things to do with my life than cut down others on websites. Funny how some never seem to grow up...

Comment

True is not for rent today. Just really interesting what is the offer as from accross the country. 60 dollars per acre is a breaking point use of all bins and grain dryer and bin fans klaus I hate you , kidding. My land may be up for rent very soon as I don't have young ones taking over so why bust my ass really. I am not that old really. Makes me wonder who is Wheat King?

Comment

Sounds good. Wouldn't mind sitting down for a coffee anyways, to chat. I will even buy.
                    Your call.

Comment

Old aging post, land not for sale. Very likely up for rent soon .

Comment

And I do have a tax problem so if you cme with a 60 dollar cash rent would be nice if you also come with retiring farmer tax advice. I have been forwarding expenses for this reason and also the reason I have used the pre buy option when it was really needed. So I don't think this farm is of really poor quality.

Comment

Send me an email prairiefarmer101@gmail.com if you would like to take me up on the coffee.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...