• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bored so browsed the archives

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bored so browsed the archives

I'm going to print these out for my boys
    because I'm sure nobody will believe
    farmers actually went to jail for this.

https://www.agriville.com/cgi-
    bin/forums/viewThread.cgi?1031629533

https://www.agriville.com/cgi-
    bin/forums/viewThread.cgi?1036377106

And some of you wonder why I condemn
    government-legislated compulsory grain-checkoff
    funding. We're headed like cattle, down this
    same jailtime path after being tried by the
    Goodale-hired StatsCanada/CWB-trained
    lawyers. Pars

Comment

<i>"The Board's forced collectivization of Prairie grain is anathema in a free society." </i>

Sums it up pretty well. This sad chapter in Canadian history will soon be ending.

Comment

Links do not work.

Comment

Paste them in. Backspace two clicks where the
          gap is.

Comment

If you have an Apple computer or an iPad (maybe some
            of the others as well), make sure you grab the bottom
            right corner of the posting area and stretch the area
            you are typing in. If you don't, Safari (Apples internet
            browswer) does some funny things with hard returns
            and inserting spaces. Don't know why but does.

This post is from my home iMac and I have not
            stretched it.

Comment

Link for the last posting.

<a href=https://www.agriville.com/cgi-bin/forums/viewThread.cgi?1036377106">farmers jailed</a>

Note to make this work, I grabbed the right corner of the posting area and s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d the lines.

Why? Because I am sending from an Apple computer.

Comment

Just to make me look silly.

[URL="https://www.agriville.com/cgi-bin/forums/viewThread.cgi?1036377106"]try 2[/URL]

Comment

This quote sums everything up...

"As the law now stands, a farmer with a flour mill on his own property cannot grind his own wheat without first selling it to the Board, then buying it back at a punitive premium.

Correction: A Prairie farmer may not do so. Grain producers in Ontario, Quebec and the other regions of the country have been largely free to market their grain to the buyers of their choice for nearly a decade. Only on the Prairies do Ottawa and the Board insist on absolute control of the crops.

In June, the House of Commons agriculture committee called for farmers to be given the choice, by 2003, of deciding each spring whether to sell that season's harvest to the Board, or independently. The Alberta legislature, and several expert and quasi-judicial panels, have requested the same. But the Board and Ralph Goodale, the federal minister responsible for the Board, dismiss all such calls for modernization. They insist that if the more entrepreneurial farmers are permitted to market their own grain, then the prices available to the farmers who remain with the Board will be reduced.

Even if this rationalization were true -- the Board seldom makes public any of the proof it claims to have that so-called single-desk marketing benefits farmers -- it would be irrelevant. Farmers should be as free to market their product as Ontario car parts and Quebec aircraft manufacturers. The Board's forced collectivization of Prairie grain is anathema in a free society."

Thanks Ralph...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...