• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Off topic rant...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off topic rant...

Watched the news the other night and the "Final Report" about Whitney Houston's death. It made me sick. Why not tell the truth for a change? She was a crack addict(sp?) who wasted her own life .. end of story. What a sad "hero" by MSM/Hollywood to eleborate on forever. Do we not place people who fight for our freedom, feed us, protect us - higher than drug addicts? What kind of signal are we sending to our youth, to idolize complete drug addicts and pay tribute with weeks of fan fair and media attention after self destruction - while war veterans are left to live in poverty for the very freedom the stardom drug addicts enjoy??? Every second show on T.V. now is about dance with the stars, American Idol and on and on. But then they potray a drug addict as an American Hero - basically saying to our youth live your dreams and become a star and if you end up like a POS coke addict, all the better you will be an even bigger hero. Makes you wounder who is in charge of MSM?? What a sad society we live in today.
    Pictures should have been shown of her face down in that tub and sent to every high school in North America and tell our youth the real story of how fame and fortune can make you and/or break you based on choices in life.
    Soory for the rant, but it scares me as to what kind of message we are sending our youth with this B/S everyday.
    BTW this is not only about Whitney Houston but all sports/music/political famous people who go sideways in life after doing some possitive things and the real story not told on what they turned out to be to protect their immage and fortune.

That's exactly how I feel about that situation. If only I had the problem of too much money, sure wouldn't be snorting drugs.

Comment

Good points both of you. If there is any reason for the death penalty it should be those that grow/manufacture and distribute the stuff.

The "current" system is not working and hasn't for years.

Comment

Furrow,

I think you don't like her music.

Comment

Music was great,increadible signer, but not the point.

Comment

Furrow, I thought you would like a little sarcasm. I
            agree 100% with you. Good suggestion with
            sending the photo images to the high schools.
            Society does send the wrong message to our
            children, that is why as parents we have to relay
            accurate information/The truth to our children.
            Most people in North American society go to work
            for food and shelter. An abundance of money can
            certainly bring out the best dysfunctions in people.

Comment

I did some voting on 2012 TIME 100 poll. The list
              contains, get this, Alec Baldwin! Ben Bernanke.
              Good grief! Ellen DeGeneres! A society who is
              15.6Trillion in debt selected a man who is noted
              for being thrown off a flight, a man who has
              accelerated a path of financial destruction of the
              USA, and a woman who is renowned for
              bantering about her sexual preference, as
              candidates to select in Time's most influential
              slate. That should tell you what so-called
              renowned Time magazine values. Pars.

Comment

Saskfarmer 99: Should we include all those evil types who grow/produce another drug called alcohol in that death sentence? It's ruined a lot of lives and killed a lot of people?
                Oh by the way, do you grow any malt barley or rye?

Comment

My Gramma lived to 95. She liked her brandy, but in moderation.

Is there such a thing as moderate crystal meth usage?

Comment

Whoa ASRG that's quite the statement.

Yes I grow malt barley but I'm not ashamed to admit it.

The booze has ruined a lot of lives and will continue to do so but many use it responsibly and have no issues.

Tell me one thing that crack cocane, crystal meth and some of those highly addictive drugs actually do that's positive in society, a person's health and well being.

Comment

Tell me one positive thing about tobacco.

Comment

it pays for medicare. well allmost

Comment

Sask99,cocaine was legal not to many years ago and
                          even put in coke a cola.

People should be free,even if they harm themselves.

One could even make an argument to ban fat people
                          from mcdonalds.

Comment

I disagree cotton with the "free to harm themselves"

The sad part is once they are on the crap they are not themselves and then its the innocent that pay for it in more ways than financial

Comment

It's not about all the bag crap out there(booze,drugs, whatever) it's about a role modle gone bad and the dirt swept under the rug to idloize them. Every little kid wants to be a rock star(Nickleback). In the mean time, war vets come home with life changing effects and are hung out to dry. Firefighters and cops killed on duty and their families left in poverty while society/MSM parades around fallin stars like hero's who do little to better our lives and futures.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...