• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cash advances

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cash advances

Is anyone applying or has applied for the cash advance via the canola growers.
    I haven't used any advances via that group for about 4 years. Last time it was
    such a slow process I give up on the group. I have been using CWB advance because
    were fast and simple. I just download a copy of the form and it still seem to
    be very complex and costly. Since I had a CWB advance in 2011, a small advance would
    help cash flow. I will not contract anything until it is in the bin, so fall sales
    will most like be Zero. Don't tell my I am stupid. I just about lost the farm on a
    canola contract many years ago. Thankfully it was only a small contract. Everything
    looked good until the frost. I had to delivery at a great discount and ended up with
    less that a dollar/ bushel. That same day I could have got 2.5 across the road sold.
    The Bulk for over 5 in the spring.

Applied for one april 2nd and have not seen a cheque yet. Is this normal? I usually only used the CWB also. If you phone you get a recording saying applications are being processed in order they came in.

Comment

It will not be nearly as easy as the CWB advance but they have improved alot in recent years.It will depend on whether you are incorporated and if they have you in their system as to time and complexity of your app.

Comment

In this day and age the advance system should be as simple as it was with the cwb advance. There is no excuse for the canola growers to take more than a day to process the request.

It should be done the exact same way as the cwb did it. Go to the elevator and get a cheque.

Comment

I've been using the canola advances for some time now. I have no complaints at all. There might be a little more work on my part. I suspect the old CWB advance system cost more than we realize. Wages, legal, and account delinquency come to mind.
          Maybe you expect something wiped for you while you pick up all that interest free cash??

Comment

Sniff, sniff, ackha ackha, so that's what smells they didn't wipe you!!@!!

Comment

What's wrong Riders, did he hit a little too close
              to home?

Comment

Reread his post, he said he didn't get wiped when he got the advance, I took the cwb advance everything smelling clean and fresh and in record time. lol

Comment

We applied for the advances April 14th... they called
                  last week and asked for a bit more info, and said the
                  cheques were in the mail this week.

We used them quite often... they're slower than the
                  CWB advances, but not too bad. It's easier once you
                  have an APP #. I.E. after the first year.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...