• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aug 1 marketing freedom NOOOOO

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aug 1 marketing freedom NOOOOO

I just realized I'm still going to be
    here in Ft Nelson in a dry camp Aug 1.
    Nooooooooooo. Probably save me from a
    wicked hangover but it would be worth
    it.
    Couldn't believe at first it was
    actually going to happen but all looks
    good so far (and what a year for it to
    happen).
    Oh well, back to work black.

Darned autocorrect. Bleck

Comment

Ronski....

If we can only get this crop off in good shape... Hope it can happen.

Nice cool weather the past 2 weeks... good filling...

Folks are as free as they want to be!!!

The timing couldn't have been better!

Comment

Ralph realizes now he won't receive a
        directors chair when he retires.

He did a lot of ass kissing for most of
        his political career.

Comment

I really don't care what Ralph says. He is, thankfully, now irrelevant in my life. He is a sad little man, now nothing but an extraneous creature, devoid of the power that at one time was, to him, so obviously intoxicating and self-gratifying.
          I am not an unfeeling person, and I do feel for some people whose fortunes and eminence are unceremoniously stripped from them. That kind situation is particularly regrettable and can be poignant when the person has contributed much, or has personally sacrificed for the good of others.
          But in Ralph’s case, he cared not a whit about the lives of thousands who he manipulated, impoverished, ignored, or for purely selfish reasons, he used. I have watched his political career for 30 years, and no one- absolutely no one- used and abused the citizens or his office as callously as he did. Even the scandals, hubris, and excesses we remember coming towards the end of the Chretien days when the likes of Dingwall and Gaglione disgusted us all, aren’t to me as sordid and repugnant as Goodale’s unabashed pursuit of power for the sole purpose of personal and political advantage at the expense of the country, and of farmers in particular.
          I would be quite happy never again to hear an utterance of any kind from the unessential being.

Comment

My vote is for "" CURSE YOU HARRY POTTER"""

Comment

I think you guys are giving Ralph too much credit. He only did what his constituents and lobbyists wanted. Ralph didn't come up with all these ideas himself he was lobbyed and acted/reacted to those lobbys.

I was never a fan of Ralphs but then I was never in favor of selling out the UGG/Pools or getting rid of the CROW RATE, unlike many others who lobbied for these changes. I don't see these people standing up to take a bow or to thank him for getting this done for them. He was lobbyed to make changes to the CWB, He delivered, maybe not what everyone wanted but he made changes.

If, by chance, and only by chance, open market isn't what non board lobbyests believe it to be, I wonder if these same people will paint Ritz with the same brush?

Comment

wmoebis,

Being responsible for our decisions can hardly put blame on Minister Ritz for giving us more marketing options.

A politician delivering on an election promise... is refreshing and welcome.

I am more than encouraged to be allowed to sell our wheat in the same manner as our Canola !

Comment

Mc, that's fargen funny

Comment

Ralph and all single desk supporters will join with the NFU and denounce the open market. For them to say anything else would be to admit they were wrong. They could never do that!

Comment

Tom Did you know that Glencore's founder was on the FBI's most wanted list ?
                      He is no longer the president of the company But still has many ties to the company.
                      The cons allowed this deal to go thru and again "if this was a ruling in farmers favour , I'd hate to see one that was against us.

Comment

Tom: You know darned well that the SWP was lost because of the "hired guns" who ran it...much like the AWP as well.
                        The memberships were not in favour of the way these entities were run but trusted in people to have their best interests at heart. Many members that I talked to feel that we were shafted. Don't blame Goodale for the creation of Viterra...you are just raging for the wrong reasons.

Comment

What you nitwits don't realize is that the CWB operated within the 'OPEN MARKET' or didn't you know that?

The only difference was that it operated for the farmer's interests instead of the grain companies interests.

Comment

Never operated in my interest or my neighbours.

It operated for its own interest. And now, we
                            finally defeated the lion.

You are free to use it now and we don't have to.
                            That is called freedom!

Good-bye and good riddance to the albatross.

Comment

mUS AND wILLY,

hISTORY WILL JUDGE.

I did what I could to bring rational change to our system... if Goodale had cared one iota for our property rights... he should have allowed individual growers marketing freedom. Instead Goodale tryed to set the system in favour of SWP... and as almost always happens... when Gov. leads the charge to overtake private property rights... the results are almost always a disaster.

MP Goodale is proof this is the result the vast majority of the time.

We are to judge peoples leadership by the fruits of the outcomes they had a large impact on. One person seldom is totally responsible... but often could have steered the ship in a different direction. MP Goodale is such a person. In my opinion MP Goodale took the easy way out in his decisions... during the 90's and early 00's... and we will pay for his lack of foresight in the not too distant future.

But if everything being privatised is the future was your desired outcome... it may be that you really will like our future!

Cheers!

After Aug 1... I won't need to say "I am not in jail yet'... to the account of Sheriff Ralphie G and his band of deputies that roamed our grain bins and elevators.

Cheers!

God Bless Canada!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...