• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to visit me in Jail ???

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to visit me in Jail ???

After the 3rd different stats Can survey of the year asking many of the same questions as the June survey I have asked that the survey be faxed to me so that I can fill it out on my schedule which is surprisingly a little hectic this year. And may take a few weeks to get to. I also intend at that time to send back an invoice for 50 dollars for my time in filling out said survey. I do accept all Ag surveys from Stats Can. are in fact mandatory under the statistics act
    but I also believe that the gov't should not demand in a capitalist and free society that a person be forced to give his or her time and or money on an un equal or random basis on demand which in effect is a level of taxation or demand on my business and time which is not placed on other businesses or individuals at this point in time as such things as taxes licences etc.
    I know they won't pay but its the principal. Other surveys are starting to offer to pay a small amount for similiar info so precendent has been set in the free market.
    The aurgument in my mind is somewhat similiar to the one Tom went to jail for ,( whether he'll agree or not is a question) this information and its value is my property and demanding it and my time with no compensation is no better than forcing us to sell our grain to a gov't backed marketing board.
    ( I know good luck )

The answer I got from the fellow that called this morning was "well if we had to pay you the taxpayers would have to pay", I then asked him who was paying his time for doing the survey, should not be so hard on the little drones in the call centers but they are the ones calling.

Hate spending my time tilting at windmills but at the same time hate getting treating like a scottish peasant by the crown. Wonder if I can claim it is my way of acting out against colonialism at my trial?
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...