• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulling an all nighter killing burthas but notice something else never seen before

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulling an all nighter killing burthas but notice something else never seen before

Burthas showed up in high numbers on 8 quarters of canola and probably going to have to keep going on the rest. No economic damage but they seem to go high speed to the top and eat off the shit that the heat is taking anyways. Sorta like a pruning job better pods all good. Crop looking not bad actually pulling itself through the heat surprisingly. OK here it goes since going in the dark now been seeing this white canola pods lots of it on the underside of the canopy. Had to stop while the drift is in the correct direction to confirm what I was seeing. Its patchy and some times very big patches. And sometimes I think its 25 percent of pods or more. Its not disease. Its just ripe canola. I think it is moisture stress. Remember we just got out of flowering stage so nothing should be ripe. Everything is healthy looking otherwise.
    And looks like fungicide was money thrown away here this year. Maybe it will become pepper at harvest not sure. Cannot see it at the edges of the field only inside. But sure visible while spraying. Anyone else see it?
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...