• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issues with a 1020 IH flex header

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues with a 1020 IH flex header

Been a while since I run this thing, used to use it a lot years ago for everything from straight cutting wheat barley and peas, its a 1999 model have the field tracker option on the combine to float with the rolling land. Since we have not used it for a while we polished up the table and under the header auger to help with flow. I have the extra flighting option in the center auger to help feed into the feeder chain. Problem is now have peas not feeding under the auger they like to peel up and once on top of auger won't go back down real seems to also keep them up once they are up, it starts near the end of header and hard to feed it back down once it peels over. Slowing down helps am running under 4 mph, I remember running 6.5 mph in much heavier crop. This machine is not new anymore but I just think must be some sort of adjustment. Ok I have fore and aft so I go forwards and aft and forwards seem to help. I lift real also helps but there is a fine line when you don't clear material from the knife and have pushing problems not brining material off the knife properly. Sometimes speeding up real works better sometimes slowing works better but every couple rounds things change so constantly adjusting. One thing I notice wonder if someone can comment especially here. Not hard to adjust but my header auger is just clearing the bottom of the header should I give a lot more clearance. I did it on the pick up header to help feed heavier crop should I do it here? Just hoping I can get some idea or message about something that will positively work here. Maybe I am outdated on this header but I did bring in 60 bushel peas once at over 6.5 miles per hour. Why not now?
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...