• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kabuli Prices Durum Prices

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kabuli Prices Durum Prices

What do you think will happen to the price of Kabulis? Do you think Durum will be a higher price next crop year? I know that most of the Durum is grown in the South which has not been effected as much by the drought but this heat that we have been having cant be helping it much.

gizen,

On CWB pricing this brief may be helpful;

"The CWB is releasing its newest PRO on July 25 for 2002-03. Due to the weather conditions, most grades and classes of wheat in the July PRO are expected to be up by about $10 to $20 per tonne over the June PRO. Durum PRO levels are thought to be unchanged as the durum producing regions of Western Canada and the US have fared decently during the onslaught of hot weather."

For the chickpeas I would imagine the hot weather we have had is just about right for them, maybe even a little too much rain in areas where they are mostly grown, I am sure these folks would like the rain to stop on their chickpea fields real soon, untill harvest is done...

THE full article is on the 2002-03 grain handle topic.

Comment

Agree with both comments. Both grown south highway #1. A comment from one industry person is they expect durum will out yield spring wheat by up to 5 bu/acre. Chick pea acres way down (500,000 acres vs. 1.2 Mln acres 2001). Lots of ascochyta (spelling?) with up to 3 spraying so far. Australia (desi) and S.E. Asia pulse production are the main facts to follow.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...