• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is their a slow down in AG Spending?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is their a slow down in AG Spending?

Starting to see some spending stopping in Rural Sask.
    Yes if holidays are booked people are taking them. No one is canceling but real spending has it slowed down.
    In our area as I said in previous treads some high priced renters are negotiating, some just to keep the land so they can still control it. Others are dropping acreage and men and farming what they know they can handle.
    We dropped our poorest land last fall and a man. Its time to get lean.
    Local dealership looks slow to me. Guys are pricing but putting pen to paper is slow.
    I think land will stay solid in price this coming year for only one reason. Chinese investors still will pay $167000 for a average quarter. The big hitters in the $357000. a quarter land still purchased some but again when you sell a company for a huge dollar buying farm land at this price is easy. Where I think land will slow is in purchases by real farmers. The last few years we had farmers spending 250000 to 310000 for land, young farmers this I think will slow.
    For all you guys who think we need to produce more to get through this I say redo your numbers and plug in 40 hrs and 35 canola and cut expense's to get their because reality is we wont produce the crop of 2013 for a few years again. ITs simple when canola's at 15 who wouldn't piss away thousands of dollars on a crop but at 8 why!
    Its a simple plan Burn off maybe add some express but only where needed. Spray generic and basic broad leaf. hit with a mild disease control at Flag and GOLF.
    Fert instead of 100 ammonia drop to 80 and blend from 120lbs drop to 80.
    Take seed treatments on most and drop unless its a cold damp spring.
    Oh you cut 80 to 100 on your farm.
    Bins might be a cost but a bagger and bags is still cheap.
    Longest time in bag 3 years min damage but lots of tape to cover tears. It was Durum.
    It just seems that things are slowing down.
    Experimenting with Corn and Soy in our area will come to a stop or only a few fields Were looking at 160 Soy or lower and maybe 40 Corn.
    What are others seeing. Also the Comment my neighbours are flush with Cash from previous years. Ok soy 1000000 mill say they saved of which I doubt and no grain movement that for a large farm is 10 months. Yea that's it.
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...