• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

worst part of farming here

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, and the learning part..... that never stops but at my age my brain is full and when I put something new in something old has to come out to make room. What I find most challenging is understanding the electronics of the modern machinery. Layers and layers of settings and terminology that can baffle.

Comment

Good on you Klause keep it up Saskatchewan needs farmers like you.

Comment

To answer hoppers question. I remember back to my Ag Canada days.
        The hardest place on the planet to grow a crop is western Canada.
        Sorry to break the news but with our short season and northern climate the toughest place to grow a crop is here. Their is no coming back from a shit show. You have one kick at the cat and that's it. Their are two seasons really Summer and Winter.
        But that aside it does have a great big awesome sky.

Comment

Klause I have put in my 28th crop and I am still under 50 but still feel the same was as you about farming. You get a lot further in life with a positive attitude. Good for you for putting the bad shit behind you in your teens.

I still measure my days in acres and not hours and feel great about it.

Worst part of farming here is the shitty attitude of a lot of people towards work and challenge.

Comment

SF3

I agree farming here is not for those who are faint of heart.

Hope and Faith are very helpful in being able to see a crop in the Spring in our minds... Then grow and harvest that vision in the fall on our farms.

If it does not kill us!

Grin

We are blessed to have the opportunity to work in this occupation... Growing food for a hungry World.

Cheers

Comment

It makes us stronger!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...