• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Percent harvest completed.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got 5.5 quarters of wheat swathed and will have 6 of canola done with that knife. Somewhat dull when startin g into the canola but working. Was fine serations. I prefer the coursest can get seems cut better and they last longer what do others find?

Comment

What is the theory between fine and course?

Comment

I dont know the theory and try not to put an answer where I do not know. I find the course with the deep serations stay sharp to the touch As they wear down and can wear down much further And stay sharp. The fine once the seration is gone they become dull to touch Very fast. Is that theory?

Comment

Our farm is 0% done, and it looks like that number will move to about 80% tomorrow night with -7 C Everything lodged from the snow, still falling today.

Hopperbin, I prefer the most coarse sections I can buy. They don't plug as much in wet soupy green conditions when scalping the dirt. Not sure why?

Comment

In the area there has been a small amount combined, and some swathing done, but the majority is still standing(I should say it was standing before the snow). Most say the Canola is still too green to swath. Snow has covered a very significant area very far east. Frost event looks to be very widespread also.

Comment

Hopperbin, TWO thumbs up for the coarsest sections. Cut like a damn and stay SHARP!

Comment

I agree,just thought it odd there is even a choice ASSumed there is a reason.

Comment

54% of 5000, barely anything dry. So the weather should turn nice now.

Comment

Once you have "coarse" never go back. Put Sulberg guards on 3 crops now and very hard stay sharp, better than Mac Don standard. No pressure gauge for knife but cuts everything I try. Really like the reduced rpm, 1800, cab is so quiet. And 23 mph in reverse on the road can't be beat! NOT a salesman.

Comment

1 guy pretty much alone cut 8500 acres of Canola at my nephew's farm, Furrow. Many 24 hour stints. We have our 850 acres on the ground, not yet burried in snow. Maybe the clouds will protect us from the frost this time. I have seen it many times in prior years.

Comment

0% combined of 3500 acres. 800 of 1000 acres of canola swathed. Most barley swathed, 1500 wheat sprayed and was standing until last night as well. 6-8 inches of heavy wet snow with more in the forecast. All wheat either flat or stooked(sp?) now. Extremely frustrated, disappointed, and anxious.

Comment

That's a lot of cutting for one swather - right on

Comment

20% of 3,600. All swathed, all sprayed except oats, letting it freeze to straight cut. A properly set up Macdon is a thing of beauty, I only wish I would have learnt how to do that years ago. .75" and near freezing weather is f@cking with my chi. This is turning out not to be the year to only run one combine. That said before the latest monsoon I was crushing 30ft swaths @ 6.2mph, next to nothing for loss and it was yielding pretty good.

Comment

Steve, I am so sad to hear of that heavy snow. Let's hope for Indian Summer, to rlace this damn system.

Comment

On a deere 635F I prefer the fine serrated knives.. Have 2 running side by side and had to change it arse knife for a fine when the one couldn't cut the tough green crap... Seems to tear rather than slice on a 635F .. Different guards tho.. I would like to shove all those stubby guards up John deeres ass sometimes

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...