• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FCL

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FCL

Federated Coop and diesel fuel pricing ripping off coop members with crude at $US 76.70 and $Cdn at .8777 equals crude at $Cdn 87.387.
    Diesel still at $1.24/litre, same as when crude was over $US100. Lots of Bakken light sweet crude at bbl/day. I guess we have to pay for Ft Mac's heavy no matter what they sell it for.

Over time, I have learned to appreciate our small town Co-op store for the convenience,people and service. Otherwise everything I do means a trip to the God forsaken city.

Lately, I am having similar issues about the price of the co-op hydraulic oil, and engine oil. Not only is the price $35.00 per pail higher than equal specifications from Wallingfords but, COOP OWNS THE REFINERY!
    I understand they must make profit to be sustainable, but they could also throw out some kind of splashy sale, saying "buy your oil in December" we have discounted oil because of lower world prices".
    The truckers and farmers and oil rigs would appreciate it I'm sure.

Comment

No deals from FCL, you bought the dividends you receive. Our local Co-op operates at a loss until FCL gives them their dividend.

It is usually only after the local Co-op pays it's members their dividend the fuel price can be considered competitive. So you better bank on a dividend, otherwise buy your fuel somewhere else. Non petroleum products are even less competitive at our local store because the full SRP less a smaller dividend for that class of merchandise make it less competitive...

Comment

Hobby, for me that trip to the god foresaken city(agreed) means I can get everything I want and at a better price. I live close enough to that hell hole that the trip there isn't as onerous as the experience of being there ;-)

Comment

There is a big shortage of Diesel in the northern US. With harvest about halfway on corn it isn't a surprise that demand is high now.

They have been very good for our farm with high quality supplies at very competitive prices.

DTN reported the short supply.

Comment

You guys realize they went over budget on their last expansion by close to a billion dollars.

Comment

Coop is selling at market price if they were to lower their price they would probably run out so that wouldnt really do their customers any good. At least if they are making excess profits they should be returned back to members.

Comment

Coop was 7 cents cheaper than superior on drying propane this fall for quite awhile

Comment

Filled Oct 23 with summer dyed, 94.4/l plus GST.

Comment

I have found the Coop has its pros and cons.
                    It adds competition for fuel, fertilizer and chemicals. (Not as much for fuel as it should considering they own the upgrader.)

My main complain with them is their short hours of service during harvest.

Comment

Sooo, I guess if crude goes to $50 we'll still be paying $1.249 for diesel.

Comment

Our coop fuel guy gives Excellent service..Even Sundays and long weekends..

Price was .93.. 3 weeks ago...

Comment

I'm pretty sure samhill is referring to the pump price. Of course it's a different story for bulk and commercial users.

Comment

Heard many times, winter use of diesel road and heating is far greater than summer volumes. Plus tail end of US harvest. As always refinery capacity to dam little, great for keeping diesel prices high.
                            How lucky for us that we had to harvest on HIGHER priced fuel!

Comment

AND buy higher priced fertilizer for next years crop...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...