• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reflections on the Farming year that just finished!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and its called farmer tetris been calling it that since the mid 80's, remember playing that on my nes for the greater part of one winter.

Comment

Mc getting smart again are we!

Comment

Am I? This year sounded pretty much like the previous 5 out there so isn't my take on what you said pretty much correct?

Comment

But maybe shouldn't have commented does come across a little troll like. But it does start to sound the same after awhile. In the words of the great python

Always looks on the bright side of life ,always look on the bright side of life .

Comment

X2 on the million dollar Tetris lol. It always amazes me how much machinery u can park inside the machine sheds if u really want to. SF3, don't seed your soybeans too early, cold soil at seeding will kill your plant vigor, and won't recover. I've seen this mistake in the past. even though I've had fields ready to go on may 1, I always wait until the 15th or until the soils build up heat, about 9 to 10c min.

Comment

Braveheart

Humility is a a wonderful virtue, especially when others had unfortunate weather and luck.

Comment

Forage, I feel for them. We've been there. It doesn't change our luck, which we are thankful for.

The question was for our reflections. Am I supposed to reflect a lie?

As much as possible I try to be positive. I want to create good vibrations in the universe.

Yes, we had a great year. No apologies. I hope you all do as well or better next year.

Good Foraging.

Comment

Brave one did your engine fill up with hydraulic oil?

Comment

No, it just wouldn't keep rpm up on air drill fan. After 6700 hours I guess it got tired.

Comment

We found a nice T9040 with low hours to replace the 9882 for next year.

Comment

This tag was about reflections good or bad. Its farming and one thing I always want to point out is Farming is great its fun it has its ups and downs and all the skills and money in the world cant buy you a crop if Mother Nature throws a wrench at you period.
                        Machine shed Tetras Mb does amaze me. Its a big shed for the main equipment then you have to remember which piece is going to go to town in winter for repairs etc.
                        This week end is the old Quonset. Headers and grain cart and bagger and extractor and one four wheel drive. Quonset with their curved walls have other challenges.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...