• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting Infographic on Changes in US Wheat Milling Industry.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting Infographic on Changes in US Wheat Milling Industry.

Here is a link to a Rabobank story and infographic on the changes in the US Milling industry. I would be interested to hear what everyone thinks about how the Canadian wheat milling industry is doing? Joe

[URL="http://www.farms.com/Commentaries/u-s-flour-milling-industry-faces-substantial-structural-changes-83910.aspx"] http://www.farms.com/Commentaries/u-s-flour-milling-industry-faces-substantial-structural-changes-83910.aspx [/URL]

Dunno if Joe wanted comments from the peanut gallery here but....interesting, though not surprising, to see where mills... big mills are relative to growing areas. Lots closer to water than the heartland. Would be nice to see similar picture for Canada.

Comment

Thanks MBDog,

I thought this infographic might be valuable as more Canadian grain might move north south.
      Take care,

Joe

Comment

Joe, you are quite a site administrator. You really are devoted. Maybe you are hooked like some of us. Have you seen Gasbuddy Blog?

Comment

I do enjoy reading and learning from everyone here on Agriville...wish I had a little more time for it.

I do like checking out the Gasbuddy site from time to time.

Take care,

Joe

Comment

Was told a few years ago that much of North American wheat milling facilities were getting old and worn out.
            This was in relation to CWB and what effect it might have on new milling investments and location.
            Interested in what has been happening.

Comment

Joe...not sure how integrated North American mills are but freer access to south is likely a double edged sword. Not at all saying improving access to a more mature market driven system is bad...its a very good thing IMO, but freer trade isn't a sole producer right/opportunity...which brings me to my point re: mills near water, currency and commodity volatility....which down the road, may be a North American producer problem....re: M&A. As producers though, for now...one problem at a time... more choices/competition/options for us/the country...the better, and is a very good thing indeed.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...