• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my costs of pictured wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my costs of pictured wheat

1.2 lt glypho /ha 300 ml ester 680

600 ml glypho 2 lt treflan /ha

seed wheat 50 kg per ha
    fert 28:13 with 7% sulphur map urea mix

plant

post em spray mcpa lve 600ml per ha plus 80 ml per ha lontrel

harvest

3 sprays in total

always hope for 2t ha or 30 bushels per acres

of course there machinery repayments etc interst overheads but direct costs are as above

mallee, is your crop breaking even this year? what is break even yield/price?

Comment

mallee, to me, you seem to seed light vs. prairies. 50kg/ha(44 lbs/ac) is awful close to half of the rate we'd use. We're planting 80-85 lbs/acre. Trying to grow more main stems rather than stools.

Comment

Boarder,its beyond my me,but it always made sense,another guy in the producer was talking about eliminating the stools and seeding real heavy with nitrogen applied after a certain stage,maybe this isnt nessary on good ground but maybe on poorer?

Anybody have an opinion?

Comment

Don't want to hijack mallees thread but. I aim for 35/ft2 for the reasons mentioned. Now Phil Needham is talking heads per yd2. More to learn.

Thanks for sharing info Mallee. If that works for you good on ya. Those snails would piss me off though. Gum up the machine?

Comment

More main stems for two reasons, crop more in synch for midge spraying, earlier maturing.

mallee may not have to worry about either.

Comment

some guys in ultra low rain fall sow at 35 kg per ha I just harvested a paddock we did at 40kg for a trial yielded no different than rest

as you can see its a low cost operation which matches low cost of land last parcel I bought for $350 per acre highest yield ive ever attained is 61 bushels per acre of wheat which is kinda average for all you guys

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...