• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Protein payment cutoff level?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protein payment cutoff level?

Is the highest level of protein payment for grade #3 Durum wheat, 13.0 ? Is that the same for grade #3 HRS wheat?

I've had it explained to me that there is no market or request for anything higher than 13% px in the lower grades. What, it just magically disappears and there are no blending opportunities that would garner a premium for anything above 13%?

Comment

So is this the prerogative of the grain co.s or is #3 13.0 CGC the highest level of protein that it's always been payed to?

Comment

I think it was the same in the CWB era.

Comment

couldn't remember, thanks

Comment

Shop around. All companies are different

Comment

Digger,,,Are, "All companies are different", that was my question. Are there grainco's paying on a scale for protein above 13.0 in HRS and/or durum???

Comment

Border, it's a free-for-all. You paid for that px, try to get paid for it. It's not worthless, it can be uses to blend up lower px wheat. Negotiate.

Comment

I thought all you southern farmers are hauling to the US for 13 protein durum??

Comment

My durum was barely a #5 with 14.7 protein, very light, little disease, no ergot and lots of bran frost, But it has great colour! Made a deal to sell it for #3 13.0 at $10.40/bus, 2/3rds gone already. Thought it was a fair deal as it's a $1.25/bus less now. That deal is settled, mostly wondering about HRS.

Comment

Re durum, I would have settled for that too but I have way too much fusarium, 10-14%. Hoping to at least make a satin purse out of a sows ear, by cleaning it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...