• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

International Labour Center recruiting workers??

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

International Labour Center recruiting workers??

Any one used ILC Canada International Labour Center for recruiting workers?

If you did would you recommend using them?

I used a company based in England this year.
    They meant well but there were issues.
    Your advantage is that you've been to the Ukraine and speak the language I assume.
    In a nutshell, the person doing the interviews over there need to know their stuff in screening. And their firm then has to ensure ALL the appropriate paperwork is done ahead of time.

I now wonder the unemployment rate of a country or region doesn't necessarily indicate the number of qualified workers. Good Luck. I'm interested to see how it turns out, as I may have to try that route again someday.

Comment

I can only speak Ukrainian a little bit but my wife can read and write in Ukraunian and speak it not too bad. Our kids can speak Ukrainian fluently so that will be an advantage.

I think the Ukraine workers can speak pretty good English.
      You do an interview via Skype before you hire them.
      I am thinking we will give it a try.

Comment

I did the Skype thing as well. You dont really know a man till youve worked beside him for a while. Your placing a leap of faith on the recruiter and his abilities.
        Also my ability as a people manager may not have been to the task. How much does he really drink? etc.
        Just make sure he has all his papers. Mine didnt and wasnt insurable on vehicles. Can the agency replace him if he doesnt fit?
        Long term, with a little weeding, there are good fits. But you will need to be able to afford a full time position. Leading to a permanent guy and his family.
        Just my opinion.

Comment

They have a 3 month probation period. If it does not work out they go back home and they find someone else for you. The bad part is It could be 4-5 months of waiting for the replacement worker to come.

I have lots of part time workers available and could get by with some stress waiting for the replacement worker to arrive.

I agree it is hard to get a good idea on what kind of worker they are by a skype interview as it is hard enough to get a good idea in a personal interview.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...