• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Globe and Mail CWB article Nov.27

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Globe and Mail CWB article Nov.27

Owner of Patterson says it cost his company $25,000 per day per vessel and one ship cost him $800,000 for 3 months delay waiting for the train. Some one should be able to figure out how much last year's sh-- show cost Western Canada.

Ah, PARDON ME, who paid for or is going to pay for that?

Comment

Not sure if anyone is. I just thought that it would be nice to have a "ball park" idea. I'm damn sure the grain exporters know how much they paid in demurrage. We all know that a lot of that expense was passed down to the "bottom feeders".

Comment

Exactly my point.

Comment

So if it cost Mr. Paterson $800,000. dollars for a panamax vessel waiting for 3 months. It would have cost him .30 cents a bushel extra for that ship. ( 80,000 tons dwt. for a panamax ) Am i right ? not very much imo, and who actually sold wheat last winter when the basis was sky high?

Comment

But 20 30 years ago 30 cents per bushel was the only profit. Or else it was 30 cents or more under break even. I guess we have that today again depending on crop timing and agronomy.

Comment

yes but this was a vessel supposedly sitting for 3 months, most vessels not nearly that long. we weren't getting ripped off like some farmers think we were. Again, there were good pricing oppurtunities last year and this.

Comment

I posted a link above to the story.
                it might clarify some of the ideas being discussed here.

we are all pissed about how the industry's grain logistics are costing us a lot of money.

the discussion needs to be focussed on what the hell can be done about it and how can be elimate more of the bottlenecks.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...