• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alberta the banana republic

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alberta the banana republic

Although I like the safety of never having to worry about ndp/lib governments. What we have here now is a one party system again as always. Im a little pissed. #daniellesmith #wildroseimplosion. The backrooms are still safe. Fool me once you ****ers.

There is the problem right there - get over the paranoia about the NDP/Libs it doesn't matter who it is - elect the Alberta party or the Green party - elect someone different and sling them out after one term, same with their successors. It's the only way to break this culture of entitlement and keep politicians semi-honest. A democracy cannot function with one part power. Can't believe the electorate here are so naive as to elect the same lot over and over again and expect a different result.
    It sure is a banana republic, just embarrassing.

Comment

Once an 'entitlement' is given it cannot be taken back. Sure the right has given certain entitlements to the power set. But. Sucking union dick and handing shoeless greenies the vaseline are precedents you cant take back.
      Aww, sorry grass. Ill put down the bottle and go to bed.

Comment

So your guys one new party the Roses is going to go back to their roots and become Conservatives again.
        Alberta had one chance to have a two party system with out the Liberals and NDP.
        Just the wild Rose and the Conservatives.
        And they screw that up.
        Some times I just have to shake my head and wonder where all the great leaders have gone.

Comment

Having a two party democracy and Both are conservative, is not a democracy.
          This could only happen in Alberta or Zimbabwe
          grass farmer is right you have to have an opposition party(of a different stripe) and turf the 80 year old party of entitlement out till they clue in

Comment

Except one would have been conservative, and the other conservative in name only.

Comment

Could be worse AB, you could be MB.

Comment

The wild rose offered Albertans a realistic chance of ending the conservatives 43 year reign. Danielle Smith has destroyed that.
                In my mind she is showing us why canadians are fed up with politicians and why we have such low opinions of them. When she decided she could not beat the conservatives and become premier she crosses the floor. I hope the people of the highriver riding she represents boot her out in the next election!
                I know this will sound sexist but with Alison Redford and now Danielle Smith I question our choice of female leaders.

Comment

Hamloc

Do you have daughters, or sisters, if you do, make sure you discuss your opinion with them about women being leaders.

Then after the discussion, do them a favour and return to your cave.

Comment

The politicians are only figure heads though. Look at the party executive - Yaeger the WRP President - millionaire oil man decides to play politics. Leads to the situation where our (now independent) WRP MLA who was the energy critic wanted to put out a press release highlighting the poor job an oil company was doing of clearing up a spill - it had to be sent to the oil company first so they could review and amend it before release. When Government (and the opposition) are bought and paid for by sectors of industry we no longer have a democracy.

Comment

Black guys are better at basketball then white guys

Women are better at parenthood then men

Two very racist and sexist comments.

The most shit on human beings in the world-white heterosexual males

Comment

Strange. Talking with two executives from cowtown this fall. They did not trust Danielle at all. So some of her constituents smelled the rat.

Comment

Foragefarmer before you judge you need a bit of history. After Alison Redford resigned my wife and I had many heated arguments about Danielle Smith I was in favour of Danielle my wife stating she was no different. It was my wife who originally stated women shouldn't be political leaders. So on the bright side when I go to the cave my wife will be right beside me lol.

Comment

forage farmer: he said he questions the CHOICE of female leaders, not that female leaders are wrong.

We need GOOD leaders, heck with their gender. Think Margaret thatcher.

I hope you are not like Trudeau and want 50% male, 50% female, regardless of if the candidates are qualified or not. Far fewer women than men, actually DESIRE to run for leadership positions in government. Just the way it is.

Comment

So why do they even have elections in Alberta? Conservatives are the majority choice election after election. They could save their taxpayers a lot of money .

Wildrose (Provincial Reformers) jointing Conservatives. Wildrose just took a chapter out of the Federal Reformers/Alliance playbook by jointing the provincial Conservatives. All just trying to keep their seats and get the big paycheque and pension. It don't matter if you originally voted for Wildrose, the majority them just cross the line and join the Conservatives.

Hey Albertan's, love them or hate them you got them forever it seems. Not much of a democracy!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...