• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheat Markets Continue Their Rally

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farmaholic...of course I care....care more than most it looks like. What's that got to do with my marketing strategy?

Comment

Mbdog. Don't take offense. I always read your posts hoping to learn something because I have alot to learn. It just seems you will try to get extra from paper and we rely just on the physical.

Comment

Charlie states about the christmass gift that is
        Saskfarmer says oh ya but the basis is widenning
        Saskcan says well you could have locked in a better basis like I did.
        Farmaholic leaves out his fuzz agreement on a grain sale leaving open a possible discount a bad one.
        Buckets experinced and so is hopper at finding blending opportunities. Bucket better than hopper.
        Hopper does not like speculating on futures so manages to irritate charlie. Hopper thinks should have kept mouth shut yet again. Hate that when that happens as have learned so much from charlie.
        Klause invites hopper to a one day usa tour to give them samples. Got my total production yet. Could turn out best thing yet. With fuel prices going down may be time to wear out some roads.
        Saskcan your better basis was with a higher canadian dollar in actuality basis should be tending improving with our lower dollar. Never even checked what basis actually is. Just thought going to get serious after new year with wheat marketting.
        So if charlie calmed down enough was wondering if he knows or anyone at what percentage is our wheat blended on international sales. Locally the flour mills generally use one hundred percent canadian. Internationally its typically blended. Just thinking there is room for locals buying wheat to make international blends. They just need to offer it to us farmers instead of taking all the profits. See farmaholic they can do it for you.

Comment

I meant to say local grain buyers shipping over seas could offer us a better price as it is blended with other wheats on international sales. I think they are currently pocketting the huge profits.

Comment

Good points Charlie - bakers and consumers should be concerned - but they obviously don't give a shit about paying for good product - feed wheat at $5.50 and Mills offering just over $6 for # 1 Fus free - they don't fukin care - period !!

Comment

Marketing Freedom, sure seems to be alot of complaining now we have it. Glad the game is almost done for me. One way contracts, now thats freedom. Tell me it could make a two, I sign, they change their mind when the truck dumps. Now thats freedom. To me this is what freedom is. I show them a HONEST bin sample. I phone two, three ,four companies, lock in a lets say june future price, so many tonnes, then its up to them. First caller gets it, the rest sol. Thats is the kinda freedom I thought Tom was always ranting about. I guess some people have different ideas of freedom. End of rant.

Comment

Sorry, that should be a target price, not futures price. Now end of rant

Comment

Agchat,

Bins can be officially sampled by third party samplers... to provide binding contracting/grading then prices. We could do more to make our system more reliable and work better.

Comment

Agchat, and you can go the 'subject to grade and dockage' by the grain commission.

Comment

Tom:"Bins can be officially sampled by third party samplers... to provide binding contracting/grading"

This must be new, the ACT and Regs describe what is considered an official sample and unless it goes through a inspected and tested sample that meats certain criteria it can NOT be classed as official.Even the probe sample that your elevator takes is NOT an official sample. It is graded as an Unofficial sample.

What is the cost to get 3rd party to come to your bin when a truck shows up to get them to take sample?

Comment

Do you guys really feel that you are getting hosed that badly by your elevator or are you just here complaining cause nobody at your local coffee row or Jamaica row will listen to you?

Comment

Tandem I think its pretty clear we are being hosed #1 13.5 cwrs is selling for 9.19 in vancouver and we are getting 6.50 here at best. Futures go up 30 cents in the last 2 days and cash price at the elevator doesnt change they just widen the basis. Why even have a futures market.

Comment

I apologize for not being clear as to what I tried to explain. I myself have never seen this approach before. The short of it is I am still vulnerable to discounts or premiums(ya right) at delivery....like every other ****ing contract except a new twist.

Comment

Are they - whoever has this fuz program - taking your high fuz grain? If the answer is yes, then you should be happy. The alternative is putting it in the grain stove to heat the shop. Don't sell to them if you aren't happy.

Comment

You guys realize graincos can buy a 40 tonne load of number 3 and a 40 tonne load of number 3 and ship an 80 tonne railcar of number 2. Right?

All day long? And I don't care if they do but at the very least don't insult me by saying you are doing me a favor.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...