• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh Nooos! Smalldeadanimals

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a word "NO" - not that you would care.

Comment

Grassy, I'm always surprised that you choose to defend the division of wealth system, instead of the creation of wealth system. Doesn't seem to be in sync with the mamy things you do. Pars

Comment

wheat growers are political puppets period.. don t insult all of us on here by spreading bullshit. now that wheat board gone you have a fkd up system more than ever corrupt against the farmer and wheat growers is sitting on their paid off asses saying nothing.period. imo

Comment

Riders, such a bullshit statement. The system isn't ****ed up. Farmers that think so are the ones that just don't want to take responsibility for their own affairs. Active management would be a suitable description.

There is lots of competition. There are lots of choices. Whining and sulking and blaming "the system" won't make arbitrage,or competition work. Active management will.

Comment

Parsley , so you are in favour of Creating wealth for the Chem/seed Companies ???
            Grassfarmer and myself Do Not want gov't to do anything FOR US. BUT you have to very Watchful of gov't that DO THINGS to US. (like this gov't)

Do your research and you mite find the FACTS have a Liberal bias

Comment

Riders, how were the wheat growers paid off in your nightmare? The only payoff I've seen is available to us all, and that's the freedom to conduct commerce from our farms for the first time since 1943.

Comment

Parsley.

The whole premise of the open market was to be able to sell my crop when and for what price I thought was fair.

Active management?

What does that mean?

I was active in signing a wheat contract months in advance and talked to the elevator regularly about early delivery. In the end all the active management got me was a two month delay in delivery.

The new system is broken. Some realize it some choose to ignore it.

This isn't what I was expecting in the form of an open market. Many farmers in the states still just grow it and then sell it and enjoy life.

Comment

You can try to sell for what you think is fair, but unfortunately grain isn't sold in a dream world.

This year include penalty clause for late delivery.

Gusty, while the WCWGA could have written that press release, it would seem with now 3 provincial wheat commissions with many directors one of the two organizations isn't required. Which one? The one with money and resources, or the one without?

Comment

All this talk that the system is broken - supposedly because of delayed execution of contracts with farms.

How would the old system have been different? For us old guys, remember 2 bu quotas? And months going by before the next 2 bu quota? To you young guys - that really happened.

How about the year (2008 or 2009?) that the CWB sold only HALF of the durum crop. Think of it this way - you had a contract with the CWB for your whole crop - and they didn't accept HALF of it until the next crop year. Yet somehow that was better?!

If the CWB system had still been in place last year, what kind of contract calls do you think you would have gotten? Although some believe that the old CWB could do anything, they would NOT have been able to ship any more grain any quicker.

Comment

You were lucky if you had a 2 bus quota. I started with a 1.5 bus quota. Talk about a broken system.

Comment

Reminds me of dealing with landlords and hired help. Like a counsellor or salesman I need to be a proffesional listener. Shifting the brain to understand each speaker. The people who affect my business directly are not unlike the posters on this forum. A bag of mixed nuts. One on one conversations with each of you may reveal more common sense or boogeyman than shown here.
                        Must be the season. I'm leaving everyone alone this time.

Comment

Getting back to original topic, can agree with those who say check off commissions may take over at least some of the roles that NFU and WCWGA have played in stimulating discussion on policy.
                          If nothing else, NFU makes me ask myself if that is what I really want.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...