• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question For Farmlead

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question For Farmlead

Farmlead,

Your online platform allows farmer sellers to price their grain as they choose.
    I am thinking of wheat. Is it faster/easier for the farmer to get a sale If a farmer has laboratory testing for milling characteristics like protein and falling number?
    My experience selling state side is that there can be premium onto prices if it can be proven. Buyers are looking for a certain spec and if they can know it without an extra 4 or 5 phone calls they buy according to the information presented.

I think of Amazon shopping. A company can advertise "toy tractors for sale" and the next company has "toy tractors for sale, 1/16 scale, 3 -green John Deere 8770 4WD and 3 -red Case IH 9370 4WD."
    I would choose the latter even if they were $2.00 more, each one.

That's why you can order SGS tests through farmlead

Comment

Perhaps the idea is to have a more direct relationship with a end use customer. Business like FarmLead provide a service which matches want you have in the bin with a customer who needs that specific product.

Comment

Like a broker?

Comment

Like a broker only more helpful. I have done deals with Brennan at Farmlead and I find him very knowledgeable and his service is priced better than any brokerage. Before anyone says "I don't pay brokerage with ...." yes you do, as there are not too many buyers that don't back out the brokerage from their bid when buying through Johnston's/Rayglen etc...

Comment

Like a broker only more helpful. I have done deals with Brennan at Farmlead and I find him very knowledgeable and his service is priced better than any brokerage. Before anyone says "I don't pay brokerage with ...." yes you do, as there are not too many buyers that don't back out the brokerage from their bid when buying through Johnston's/Rayglen etc...

Comment

Its like $1.50 - $2:00 a tonne. You get a lot of information from these brokers. Where would you be without them!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...