• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How stupid are Canadian Farmers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Dave proves he thinks we are all stupid.

Comment

Bgmb, you're right re ND prices. Posted on web cash bids are usually what you get. Local southern MB prices are currently better without the hassle.

Comment

Yes - Thursday Feb 05th constitutes rusty...

about those processing margins you mentioned...

Comment

Does that US broker KNOW it's Canadian wheat? Thought US buyers were discounting ours? Why would he pay $6.33 US when ND elevators are paying $5.25? Anyone know if US urea is any better quality, or is it our stuff shipped 1000 miles south and now coming back same distance? The whole scenario looks stupid if that is what it takes to make prices close on both sides of the border. Waste of trucks, time, fuel and roads.
          We sold #2CWRS 12.5 for $6.25 in Dec to Pioneer and paid for Oct applied urea Dec 31, at $515/tonne. Equals 82 bu/tonne CAD or 68 in USD. Trucked in tandem only 25 miles, not southern Montana. Got to be better deals than a 1000 miles!

Comment

Agreed fjlip. Sold my 14% px chicken feed wheat(it wasn't pretty acc fusarium) for $6.00 in Dec(just got done delivering) and had $510 urea delivered beginning of Dec. and S15 for $690 picked up.

What is a persons time really worth? When mini-Klauses show up thkngs change.

Comment

The only "stupid" thing about this is that there was a systematic consolidation of the grain handling and transportation systems that was supposed to have a trickle down affect for producers. And a lack of real competition in the crop supply industry AND the other aforementioned players. It should never make sense given the distances being considered.

Side note: and the government comes up with emission shit laws but does nothing to curb this nonsense? Insanity!!!

Comment

curious who is Dave a broker for?

Comment

I don't buy or sell reds or broker them for that matter; however, I forwarded this thread this afternoon to someone who does. Farm bids will go to 39 cents delivered starting Monday if the FX is flat.

That is what I mean by getting picked off.

The delivery period for the $1045 should be as important to you as the processing margins you are using is to me...

Comment

your turn Dave

Comment

Yes they know. I've sold peas wheat and oats through them before.

Fjlip that's great.... but you do realize in the US you could sell wheat for 7.70 and buy urea for 390 in the same time frame... you still didn't get close to the deal our southern friends did.

Canadian wheat has no issues in the States.

I agree it would be far better to sell locally. .

However we contracted oats last November. .. not 2014. November 2013!!! Still sitting on all of it. No trains yet none coming.

Same with hrs. 40 tonnes of a 200 tonne 7 buck contract still waiting to haul. Contract signed Nov 2013 sept 2014 delivery. Hauled 100 tonne in oct. 40 in Nov and 20 in Dec. No trains since.

Adm 6 weeks behind
                      Viterra 9 weeks behind
                      Richardson 7 weeks behind
                      P/h 8 weeks behind.

and you wonder why we are hauling further.

Comment

To the original thread. Always on the green side of the fence.

"If everyone keeps falling for the pre buy in fall bullshit guess what... soon we will be storing 2 or 3 crops in our bins, and 2 or 3 worth of fertilizer, and the guys doing this will consider themselves to be "smart" ". That is a young Klause quote.

You indeed come up with logical gems that some of the old guard have done all their farming lives, and then toss the idea away. Too bad, since it works, and is a better option than chasing the 10,000 mile diet all over the world, and jumping fences that have less greenery.

Just saying.

Comment

Larry you stated that old crop offers are reflecting 50 cents at the farm. Which I would reflect to USD $970 Vancouver. This is about usd $250/mt over today's market. Quality analysis. Where do I sign up?

And you talk about farmers getting "picked off" at a Price of 38 or 39 cents per pound. Give it a rest. Talk about spin.

Comment

Think you'll get an answer Dave?

Comment

As far as the "picked off" comment, I believe Mr.Weber was talking about wmoebis' comment about old crop being 19.75 and new crop 14.30. I'm sure everyone sees that everyday...couple company's with bids in that range then just advertise a 'special' to get a few more. Put a target in for a couple cents/lb more and it gets picked off right away. They don't increase their posted price unless they absolutely have to...see how many suckers they can get first.
                              Thanks for the heads up Larry.

Comment

Dave: Where do I sign up?

It is a rink day for me today. You can call me anytime on Monday.

I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...