• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tidbits, Lies and Whispers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tidbits, Lies and Whispers

CBC this morning had an interesting blurb about

http://www.farmhack.net

I'm going to register and take a looksee. Supposed to be a good site for farmers, Mr. Techy Fix-it. & Mrs. Mechanic.

Awesome start of a farm hack site!

They have an online farm records ware thru on one of the links - and oh hey - you don't have to give all your info for free to you know who so they can sell it!

Also the open pipeline OPK API stuff is great work. all linux Raspberry mainly - but that is what the arm chip was made for. All available open source thru github.

Not sure how i'm gonna get all this to work on my bag phone, hey SandboxieKid!

Comment

www.avaaz.com 's founding president was Ricken Patel.He's still the executive director. He got his first-take on rebellions and shit disturbing by moving-around the Middle East...Sierra Leone, Liberia, Sudan and Afghanistan; practicing the activisim that his board of directors and funders hired him to do...beginning as a 'climate-changing" kind of an activist ... you know, the perfect community-worker kind of commun-ista.

Then, Patel 'moved-over' to the USA to work for www.moveon.org, where he was the community worker for online-disturbing. The world of rumour has it, that avaaz and moveon & change orgs, plus the idle some more rabblers, and the countless new side-show orgs that pop up at any staged protest, have actually exchanged vows with George Soris' obese chequebook

If Patel is as smart as the fat-cheques require him to be, he'll has countless people hired to bring the their online-message of : {climate-change, hatred of the West, destroy oil, trash banks, race-division, degrade Christians, spit on G20, and piss-on capitalism} messages to the unsuspecting.

It's a message all well-funded activist groups want to sell to Canadians in order to destabilize our country; G20 countries, our way of life. And they can easily find a few wild-eyes to help them.

Will avaaz's part-time community workers want to sell dissatisfaction and dissension to union workers and high school kids and first time voters? ....And farmers?

You betcha.. Wonder if we can spot them? Pars

Comment

ummmmm, i'm just an easy going dumb farmer, should i not support that site?

Comment

Just posting random blurbs for fun. I don't think the two sites are linked. Pars

Comment

In the magazine Autovision, a 2015 Mercedes shines amongst the lineup of autos. Only 10 units are being offered in Canada. Aluminum bodyshell. White metallic paint. Black platinum pearl leather. retractable hardtop. 429 hp. 7 speed automatic. $123,400. if I actually liked cars, which hold no interest for me, and didn't drive on fields and gravel roads, I would want to buy his car because it's light aluminum. Pars

Comment

Here's for you, Charliep:

Autovision also features a bike: "a proper beast"; the new BMW's 2015 S1000RR. Horsepower is up 3%. GPS friendly. Onboard data logging system. Heated grips. Cruise control. Snazzy and fast. pars.

Comment

Actually my younger work peers are offering to buy me one. They are also wanting to tattoo "DO NOT RESUSITATE" on one arm. Something about being a baby Boomer and unfunded pension/health liability. 400 pounds and 203 horsepower. My life span on this motorcycle would be measured in seconds.

Comment

I would also have to mold my body into a pretzel. Things don't bend that way any more.

Comment

You just need a little practice, Charliep,..

Comment

January edition of Top Manager reminds it's' readers that herbicide-resistant weeds are a real... growing......widespread problem.

Group 2 resistant weeds block the normal function of acetolactate synthase. 19 weed species with this resistance are in farmers fields. Yup.

Kotia is the only Group 9 resistant weed and the problem lies with glysophate ...which screws around with an enzyme in the plant.

Groups 1,3,4,5,8, and 25 all show resistance, too, right across West, and are spreading and crossing in nature.

The numbers of species, that have become resistant, are growing within each of these numbers group.

Many countries have banned the use of active ingredients that cause weed resistance.

Soooo,, who owns the weeds that are resistant throughout the Prairies?

Just sayin''. ......,,,, Pars

Comment

It shoulld be pretty hard to argue that a chemical group resistance in a weed has any impact on anyone who isn't spraying any herbicides.

So bring on the arguments; or else lets just ban red herrings.

Comment

I'll notify you by registered mail if I ever decide to pay attention to your bans, oneoff. Parsley

Comment

Pars, resistance is a natural occurrence. Nothing to worry about.

Someday everything will be resistant to all the existing ag chemistry - its nature's way - its organic.

Comment

Tell that to the farmers who tried to ship grain/ flax to the EU. Presence of contamination. Stopped sales. Lost sales. Have you already forgotten? Uh huh.

I posted comments I found in a the January 2015 Bayer Crop Publication which we receive.

Carolyn King names her article, "Tackling a growing threat." It goes on recommending ways to encourage growers to minimize rotations, minimize chemicals, use cultivation, plant forage, plant alternate crops, etc. because of the spread of herbicide resistant weeds. Why would she suggest ways to minimize the "threat" if it really doesn't matter anyways?

Obviously Bayer has one or two small qualms about herbicide resistance not being a desirable outcome of chemical farming.

My question is who pays the cleanup bill once that first weed on Joe Blow's field tests for a bundle of different before-unheard-of characteristics?

Duh.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...