• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50 Days till seeding whats the plans!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all im saying is let them sweat for a while . there is no shortage of any canola seed . there was next to no canola seed pre booked in this area and it has them worried

Comment

In traditional canola country 1/2 1/2 is close to normal!
      Phone for seed I bet you could buy millions of acres of seed at a discount! Acres will be down! If it's dry some might see what a 12 bushel crop really is! A hot dry july makes for interesting yields! It's a crop that doesn't like excess water but a week of hot dry winds from the south it doesn't like!
      All new varieties hSve been developed in wetter conditions! Judy saying!

Comment

I agree lots wasn't booked and lots booked in non traditional areas will be taken back if it stays dry!

Comment

For my farm, I am not going to deep into specifics. But I am simply going to say I am not growing a single, commonly grown crop that I am at the mercy of the RR to move for me. At least in the traditional sense. Low volume crops, not necessarily in yield, but in overall production, is hopefully my way of avoiding this awful movement mess.

Lets just say, Hard Red Spring, goodbye. It's been a blast. But you just won't grade, and the railways suck in caring about you. lol

Regular canola, Goodbye. If I can't even convert you to cash at will, see you later.

Peas, so long, sorry for forcing you to try and grow in the water. Maybe see you back here when it drys out.

Oats, take a hike. I can net as good or better with canary, and handle 20% of the volume.

Barley, meet my sheep. They will eat you and make you worth 8 bucks a bushel.

lol!

Comment

Freewheat-might have to change your name. Really though, Free, your way of thinking is the way it used to be. Diversified cropping, animals, value-adding right on the farm with little added expense. Still the most efficient way of farming, in my opinion. Forget about trying to feed 9 billion people by 2050. Lets feed ourselves.

Comment

Where is 9 billion people going to get the money to buy food anyhow? Don't hear much about job creation by then.

Think we are just getting set up to supply food banks and soup kitchens for free.
              Input suppliers and handlers will be making all the profits.

Comment

grrrr. I chose my name because I wanted to be able to market wheat freely. I got my wish. Ha.

I am still going to grow wheat, just gunna grow the kind that hogs find fascinating to eat. Not the kind the railways hate! The price is almost the same anyway.

With my luck, regular canola and HRS will be the crops to grow in 2015. Just watch. Oats will hit 4 dollars. Canary will be 8 cents, and no one will want to eat lamb!

Comment

Sask, just because 2 year canola rotation is "normal" doesn't make it right.

Your (meaning the 2 year rotation ignoramuses) excessive greed and complete lack of stewardship, and a complete disregard for the future of the canola industry is reprehensible.

Comment

It's working very well(short rotation or none at all) for the corn and soybean growers around the world. They have a two crop rotation, what ever pays best.

In those climates the fungus, molds, yeasts, worms and bugs fester all year long.

Comment

Tweet how long you have you grown canola?

Comment

On this farm since mid 70's. In europe, ****seed since the 1700's.

Comment

Thing is that concerns me with a two crop system, is the trouble that the yankees have with herbicide resistant weeds. To each their own, but I worry about stuff like that.

I often go four years between the same herb groups. Two crops make that hard.

Comment

Probably no canola and all wheat , never had it so good since the cwb had to go on its own to prove themselves .

Comment

Wakopa. I like your stats can answer! lol

Comment

Gee tweety I didn't know we had royalty on this site you must be from the original Bayer! Family!
                                I bow down to you!
                                314 years you have it right!
                                But doesn't Europe seed every second year!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...