• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cash Rent Luseland Area

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cash Rent Luseland Area

Hi all, I'm looking at renting some land north of Luseland. Do any of you know what the going rate is in the area and what one can generally expect for crop yields? It's fairly flat, open and rock free. There are a few low spots and water runs but it looks like water issues should be minimal. I get a little nervous when big blocks come up and the locals don't pick it up. TIA

I'm sure a brown bill/ac would take it ..... but it's flat and rock free so likey alot more, just don't short change yourself.

Comment

Ah farming. I have been approached by a New Canadian and a group that should of known that their Super renter was not so super.
      5000 plus acres in three blocks. Ah its called the Super guys hasn't paid in two years.
      Ah farming.

Comment

SF3: TAKE IT!!! Be4 someone else does...

Comment

I think I'm going to pass. Let them go a year with it or let some one with more piss and vinegar to have a go.

Comment

Back in 2007 I think guys had to pay people to farm the land.

Comment

How fast farmers forget.

Comment

Watch that land north of Luseland. It is very heavy and your timing is very critical. It is either very sticky or hard as nails.

Comment

What is it worth to purchase? One thing investors are not doing is getti g previous owner to open thebooks. Why???? My ex has been looking to purchase bakery bars restaurants cateri g business etc. They all show us the books. From there there is can you do better or work harder make more value added.

Comment

And in those businesses there is a lot of shit that dont go through the cash register. What is that worth?

Comment

Hopper, why would the buyer/ renter not ask the seller to produce the last 5 years. That would tell the tale.

Comment

But guys, western Canadian land values had to catch up with reality! Cheap land did not make sense! SO we had to bid it up, because we are in such a productive region, with large margins, so our land has to be bid up to 2000 an acre!

There is a reality check coming, and me thinks the recent buyers are gunna have regrets.

THERE IS A BLOODY REASON LAND VALUES WERE LOW IN WESTERN CANADA. IT IS CALLED LONG TERM PRODUCTIVE CAPACITY...

Comment

3 1/4's have just come for sale in this area. So-so land at best. Asking price is about $1750.00/acre. Doesn't pencil out for me but someone will bite.

Comment

I agree with freewheat , also throw in a terribly inefficient transportation and ship loading system that costs those furthest from port millions. Numbers don't lie - look at basis levels last year

Comment

Hey ado , did you guys consider that stuff the R boys dropped by u ? How much land is there? Kinda iffy dirt though ?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...