• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did canola collapse today?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did canola collapse today?

Canola closed down while beans , wheat, corn all up ..wth?

Ah the Can $... I can see things getting very volatile after a sleepy winter.

Comment

Instead of starting a new thread....

Has anyone done any production contracts or DDCs on green/yellow peas, flax, canola, or what ever?

The two crops I prepriced last year ended up going higher. I thought flax and green peas wouldn't hold up too well with potential production. I was wrong. I did some flax again this year. And could do about a buck a bushel better on green peas(DDC no AOG, not production contract with AOG) compared to last
      year. No wheat pricing or canola.

Comment

Pre priced flax and surprised at how strong new crop fax still is. I think the market dont know the acres.

Comment

Prepriced nexerra for February 2016 delivery. Anyone know if there's any attractive feed barley or feed oat prices for fall delivery? A wise person or so I thought said plant the cheapest thing. Maybe crappy basis and uncertainty may kill canola acres. 52 by 25 ha more like $7 by 25.

Comment

Dividend history. Not a ratio but cannot just look at p/e ratio. As accounting can has unfairly been swinging pe ratios. Gross income per share. A company that increases number of shares per year by 10 percent along with 10 percent gross income growth my not be in shareholder interest.

Comment

Hopper what sites do you like to use to research companies?

Comment

I don't. Currently buy dividend companies with good history. Take any canadian bank. If they pay 4 percent today they will pay min 6 within 10 years plus share value will be up.

Comment

The U.S. Federal Reserve dropped your canola price today.

Yesterday's confusing Fed statement finally hit home with investors. There will be no U.S. Rate hike anytime soon. The U.S. Dollar puked today on realization that the gig is up on U.S.rate hikes. The U.S. Economy is now stumbling and the Federal Reserve knows this .

This rallied the CDNA dollar today which directly tore a strip off canola. If the U. S. Continues it rapid descent next week, the CDN dollar will be above 80 cents and canola will be breaking into a new lower trading window.

But if the U.S. Dollar recovers next week and may save canola from a technical break.

Comment

Have heard 12x p/e is sort of a long term mean valuation of whether something is expensive or not.

You could try morning star it's not a bad site or the bullboards at stockhouse(lots of pump and dumpers though),but maybe best to goto companies website and read their financials for yourself.

Hopper is right about dividend and share dilusion.

Also may want to consider what exchange to invest on from a currency perspective.

Market is considered extremly overpriced at the moment but we live in bizzaro world so who the heck knows

What company are you looking at?

Comment

I've got to do some renovations on the house so need some cash

I own some shares in Alliance Grain traders that I got early. I've made some good money on them but never sold.
                      Share price is historically high and trading near top of its range. Although as you've pointed out that's pretty meaningless.

You can never go broke selling at a profit but the Scottish in me doesn't like to leave money on the table.

They have been paying a dividend every year and while not large it's a pretty good % of the original share price.

I need some money to pay the contractor but am wondering if this is best source. I could always just take out loan at Credit Union.

They have a shareholders conference call on Monday, that I stumbled upon when checking out share value. Are they worth the time?

Comment

Just sell some of that flax!

Comment

Flax is all gone off the combine. Not seeding flax this year.

Friends don't let friends grow flax.

Comment

Price of durum at port is over $15 so if alliance had those pasta plants built... it could probably pay $ 7 from your neighbours and make a killing.
                            Maybe the pasta plant announcement was just a photo op with stephen..

Comment

Gust

I gotta ask. What was it that you didn't like about flax?

You have perked my interest.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...