• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TOM4CWB

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TOM4CWB

Hey Tom, you've been talking about writ of execution and hunger strike for a while. Not being a dick but other than an old post regarding some kind of damages about a lawsuit I can't find shit on google.
    Can you bring me up to speed on what this is about? Sorry if its in the papers but since Nov 28 I've been home 10 days for christmas and 3 days in Feb for truck maintainance so I didn't even try to sort through the grainews/producer etc. 3 teenagers need me more than I need to sit and read that stuff.
    Thanks

Hi Ronski
    Will recap
    2007-8 fed gov changes hoppercar Maintance down $72m out of CNCP grain cap because they were overcharging farmers. This lowers grainfreight $2.20/t for 2007-8. CN/CP appeal all the way to the supreme court and lose.

2010-11 Tony Merchant files
    Thomas Richard Jackson v CN/CP.
    We set out in an attempt to file a class action in Alberta to retrieve some of this over charge paid by western Canadian farmers before 2007.
    We fail to achieve a class action .
    In April of 2014 CN/CP file for legal costs, claiming they spent almost $2m in legal and expert fees to stop this Class action from becoming certified.

Alberta Court awards about $480,000
    We appeal and in January 2015 this is adjusted to $423,000.
    We seek leave to appeal to the Alberta Court of Appeal February 24 2015.
    Madam Justice refused leave to appeal.

So... We are finished in Court.
    CNCP win all points and complain bitterly at the February 24,2015 hearing that I was a slandering vexatious lieing farmer to have dared to attempt bringing a Class Action in the first place, even though CNCP fought the action with great enthusiasm and vigorously to prevent the action from attaining standing.
    January 29 2015 CNCP filed a Writ of enforcement against all my farm land at alberta land titles
    March 1 the Agriville folks told me to start a Hunger Strike like I did against the CWB 20 years ago.
    Hope this explains what happened!
    Thomas Richard Jackson

Comment

This case shows that CNCP think they can cause me to freeze... And be quiet about our poor rail service today. No one ever said they would not get their pound of flesh out of me...
      They CNCP choose not to forgive me... And will reap what they have sown. This proves the courts will not protect nor deal with farmer concerns in a reasonable manner.
      Therefore we must seek a legislative solution as the Court has ordered.
      I simply require this writ for $423,000 to be removed... To end my hunger strike.
      Thanks
      TRJ

Comment

if this was Australia 1000 farmers would chuck in 400 bucks each problem solved

Comment

Mallee,

If it were only that simple!
          The $400,000 is only a symptom of a much larger problem!

THE ATTITUDE OF OUR RAILWAYS!

Now it is clear our courts do not intend to resolve obvious and serious issues of justice...
          Legislation is now CNCPs only guide... as common sense and decency are missed. Shareholder Value Rules.

Comment

Government needs to fix the railway problem. This is way too big a problem for one farmer to resolve because government has handed the railways ultimate power - at every other industry's expense.

Comment

agreed sumdumguy, the real cost is the prices we ve lost the screw job with basis levels that's where the class action has to take shape from. It will take more than one person to accomplish this and its not just ag issue many other industries complaining they can t move product either according to orders. Your efforts commended Tom but it has to be a much bigger deal. Where the hell are all these wheat growers and canolo growers and check off and screw off people? maybe lining up golf tournaments with cn cp and government officials.

Comment

Better question is where are the people we voted for?

Crickets.

Comment

Tom says there's a solution coming that has the RRs and GrainCos shaking it their boots, shitting bricks, sweating bullets, wringing their hands with fear and anxiety. (My words of course)

Utopia is around the corner and he will not reveal what he knows from the inside track. Unless its the anorexia, bulimia and hunger are talking. I would be surprised if we see a solution before Oct/2015 but we can always be hopeful.

Comment

My MP is a very studious hard working fellow that I trust my life and my families lives with... Without question. Best MP in Canada.

God bless them all as they enter this exciting and interesting time in our history as a Nation
                    Off to visit mom now for the morning.
                    Go to my Facebook Tom Jackson Killam for more interesting info.
                    Cheers!

Comment

But if you're not getting media coverage, social or mainstream, a handful of anonymous agriville posters isn't going to help at all.

That takes the strike out of hunger strike.

Comment

I like malleefarmers thinking, put differences aside for a common goal.

Comment

The fun is... This is not about me... All of us need to encourage our MPs to work for transparency and dependable grain logistics!
                          We can do many great things if we team up and are encouraging especially when many are angry
                          All the best!
                          Tom

Comment

Tom

There was a day in the fall of 2013 that I called ritz's office and told them the shipping was all ****ed up.

Subsequent calls asked for more transparency in the logistics of the open market.

They don't listen. Now they don't return calls.

Transparency leads to accountability and not one part of the chain after product leaves the farm wants to be accountable.

And least of all the government. Well until election time but it may be too late by then.

Comment

who cares about fixing rail issues our seed system needs an overhaul really bad, let get upov 91 passed.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...