• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

-1 tonight

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plus 4 and still overcast @5:00 am. Guess the clouds didn't leave after all

Comment

We are now at 10 nights of frost, 6 were below -2 or -3, one at -6 and the wopper at -10c . 10% of normal precip. Agreed , normal my ass... This is the same for a huge area.

Comment

and we are in the northeast , normally on the wet side

Comment

East of Saskatoon. -2 for quite a few hours
          All our canola was up beautifully
          Might be fried now

Comment

Our PID # in Alberta is attached to our land location. I was surprised last week when I picked up a bottle of Dettol and the UFA asked for my PID, since it has a DIN (Drug Identification #). The vet has not asked yet. I am sure it is a number I will have to learn as there is a spot for it on the livestock manifest.
            I am not sure why we can't use the CLTS premise ID, but our history in AB is to continually reinvent the wheel...

Comment

Is there any indication that the PID number is going to find increasing use in the identification of cattle movements? At present the PID number line sits unused on the AB livestock manifest when you ship cattle to auction, I've never filled mine in - or been asked to.

I was in UFA recently and when paying for my purchases was asked for my PID number with the comment that they would only ask for it once - presumably to associate it with my UFA account number. I was buying some packs of electrolyte so assume that is what triggered the request not the water pipe fittings I picked up at the same time.

Comment

About same but there was a wind...The NE is now the desert... our turn...

Comment

We had -3.1 on ours..

Comment

"Big Brother" wants to know WHAT you bought and WHERE you bought it as they want to "track" your purchases of livestock and anything connected to their health, sale, disease treatment and movement to and from pasture.

It's just Alberta's version of the KGB...don't worry about it.

Its a wonder they don't have drones looking over the countryside looking for infractions of their PID regulations.

All of this is for potential tracing of diseased animals...so they say, so its good but it does infringe on our "Free Enterprise" philosophy we were brought up with.

Comment

In a few days they will tell us that this has been the second or third warmest May that Saskatoon or Regina have ever had.

Comment

Global Warming is awesome ,isn't it. I had some university professor testing me out for my opinion a couple of days ago. He was shocked that I think its the biggest fraud perpetrated on gullible minds. I explained to him the fear mongering that goes back to the church in medieval times in order to tax and control the people common folk. I asked him if he ever saw the movie, "The Rose" that exemplified the states ability to rule by fear. I suspect he thought to himself, "I shouldn't have gone there."

Comment

And all politicians must make it #1 priority to COOL DOWN the planet before we all burn up. Fast track carbon taxes, hurt us all to reduce EVIL global warming CO2. Should only take a 100 years of pain to move temps 1/2 a degree.

Comment

All canola west of belle plaine is froze! Crop in the east in rough shape from earlier frost/flea Beatles. Western Alberta the only decent area left? Will not reach 30 bpa average yield in Canada this year. The term demand destruction will be spoken many times this winter.

Comment

Reseeded Canola up , should be interesting tonite. 4000 ac reseeded in our area. Warmer soil may save it.

Comment

To put things in perspective, Canada worst canola yield in the past 5 years was 2012 - 28.1 bu/acre. Not sure we can say the yield would be that bad yet. The best average yield was 2013 - 40 bu/acre. Not likely we would break based on challenges to date. Your 5 year average canola yield is 34 bu/acre.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...