• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Again As Drought looms Why doesnt Canada Report Crop Conditions!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats why you always buy the newest and therefore the best therefore the most expensive to ensure the freshest. ...

Comment

After the 2/10" some canola germed but was stranded with a dry layer below, it's DEAD now. So sad. Most in the area is 75% emerged and visible from the road, so all is good I guess, might as well lower the prices. And USDA, wonderful report, after all the SHIT that happened to the plains, DROUGHT then FLOOD, lots of wheat to f*ck world prices up with!

Comment

Does the auto industry or clothing manufacturing industry or food processing industry have "reports" to **** with their prices?

Primary Ag Production....why is it SOOO important everybody knows whats going on?

If I was granted one wish for all Primary Ag Producers, it would be for enough financial strength and power to say "**** off", wet dry shortage or abundance. Pipe dream.

Comment

farmaholic We had those powers until someone decided they could corner the market but thier pockets wernt deep enough SO they turned to the bankers and chem co and machine dealers and signed away all rights of independane just so they could be the big dog and crap on the big pile. And thats alright to be someone elses bitch but they are draging all us smaller independents down the toilet with them.

Comment

Why is reporting in ag prevalent? Because it's food. Food security is obviously important to nations. Nothing causes chaos, rebellion and anarchy faster than empty stomachs.

Comment

The crop condition and progress reports coming out of Manitoba right now are so far off accurate it's beyond a joke.

Comment

I second that farmaholic, and you are right on the money horse . not hearing much about pre priced contracts this growing season tho ? lol , guess no one has any signed???

Comment

I know guys talking of buying out contracts they may not be able to deliver on.

Comment

I did flax. Nothing else. Won't sign anything without AOG clause.

I agree Braveheart, but I just wanted to throw it out there. I guess its the inaccurate reporting we should be upset over. Or even worse, the supposed manipulated reports.

Comment

Have seen similar fears about USDA reports, that they are sometimes adjusted by government in support of economic and political objectives.
                      Think such fears are overblown.

Comment

If the USDA would have let the world know the true corn yield the one year corn would have apiked so high the average American wouldn't have been able to feed th selves riots would have happened so they fudged the numbers and sang all is good!
                        Read today that traders in market don't want to say the d$&@$&t word so their just saying dry need a shower etc!
                        What a bunch of c$&ts!
                        Yea the market knows bull shit!

Comment

We have almost never seen empty shelves so the reports even in the 2012 drought could not have been that far out. That being said the large crops of the last two years means traders will have to have confirmation of a smaller crop in order to trade it which at this point is coming. I do think prices will move higher as cropping issues surface so now is not the time to be pricing.

Comment

To help me understand Sk3, your crop is doing okay.

I suspect everyone is commenting on provincial crop reports. Statistics Canada has only released an intentions report. The actual seeded acres survey will just have been completed (some of you will have been called) and will be released June 30. The first yield/production estimate will be surveyed late July/early August/released last week August.

Your challenges to higher prices are in outside markets. CBT soybean oil futures sit on chart support at 33.5 cents. Wheat futures seem to have some pretty well defined resistance areas.

Comment

Yea I am in a pocket! I always said the rain years hot us hard and screwed us! But this bill ahoy reporting in canada that everything is great! Take a drive the floods screwed a few gave riches to lots this time a few are ok and lots are days away from screwed! Yet all is fine just don't ever mention drought! Wipe canada out we still mean a bit!
                              Ah canada nothing to see move on all is fine! No pictures please everything is great!

Comment

My solve is to stop all media inflow except maybe some twitter. Chill baby, it dont matter anyhow.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...