• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Choosing canola varieties

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

freewheat, how science based is that opinion?

Since liberty often does such a poor job on grassy's, its like spraying only a group 1.

Comment

Invigor varieties always look better from the road, huge TALL plants. They use up nutrients for a huge plant but deplete the soil. But ? in the bin? Weed control is variable, neighbors try every liberty rate and combo, still have cleavers. We just stick with RR, two pass, Dekalb a good average, looks smaller plant but always surprises with combine. All varieties are now about or- 2bu/acre, each has a better trait NONE are perfect. Good luck.

Comment

Tweety, there must be a fair amount of synergy with clethodim based on the recommended rates in the guide.

Comment

Half the light rate when using it alone.

Comment

free , I use to think like you , but I think we found some resistant oats in cereals this year after liberty and cent last year .

Comment

fjlip , you are right on . and this liberty is the reason guys are probably putting quinclorac with it and gonna f$&k it up for all . liberty in my opinion has never worked worth a shit since they took the foam out of it

Comment

freewheat, its quite complex, for that i am certain.

Comment

New group 13 product called Clomazone coming for cleavers in canola next year from a small company called FMC. Applied pre-seed. I know Bayer is watching the trials very closely as they know they need something. There is a trial around home here but its so dam dry there are no cleavers growing anyway.

Comment

use avadex or edge for the wild oats. Bayers got to clean up their seed.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...