• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roller Chain ? ? ?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roller Chain ? ? ?

What's a good brand, and where do you buy it?
    We use to buy U.S.A. or Japan, not sure where any of it comes now days, some of it isn't worth the time to put it on.
    Do equipment dealers always have the best chain?

I think Diamond ( some Agco dealers have it) is "thee" best. Second...Drives(some JD dealers). used to but Reynolds...no more. My opinion only.

Comment

Diamond, Rexnord (Rex) , Reynolds if any around, Tsubakkii** spell?.

Comment

Timken still seems decent. Dealerships are pretty hit and miss, specialty driveline/bearing shops usually offer 2-3 different grades of chain to suit you.

Comment

Timken, Diamond, Tsubaki, or Reynolds GOLD (the stuff made in Germany not the Chinese Reynolds).

Comment

There is regular and 'Heavy' chain... which is about 20-30 percent thicker and stronger. Header and Auger drives all soon have heavy chain on our Deere machines.

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys. Tom, yes I also like to use the "heavy" chain for certain applications, but not everywhere.

Comment

Tsubaki Lambda chain - don't oil it.

Expensive as hell, but it lasts twice as long. You have to buy their connectors too because its half again as thick as the regular stuff. Fits the sprockets the same though.

Comment

Only one beef with Tsubaki.
                  When breaking it you need to grind off pin heads or youll be using punch and swearing.

Comment

We bought some cheap chain at princess auto a couple months ago and as soon as we took it out of the box we laughed. It was so terrible. Way more "bend" and "loose joints" than the old worn out chain we were replacing. We took pictures of them side by side...I wish I could find those pics. Hilarious junk chain.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...