• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JRI and CLEVER

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does that affidavit read?

Comment

Which one? The one that tells them what you hauled in your truck last, or the one that tells them what class of grain you are hauling? Or the taking new ones that will tell what variety within the class, or the other new ones that will tell them if you used manipulator on any crops or the one that tells them if you used cleaver on any crops.
      Any of them that takes the liability off anyone else and puts it directly on the producer.

Comment

Again.... Did PMRA approve it's use on canola?

Comment

Clever has full approval from the PMRA!!! It was registered at the end May to be used on canola. What a slap in the face to producers who used this chemical. I have heard some companies will still buy it but they need to know to seperate it and direct it into certain markets. All because they haven't set the MRL in Japan. There was a two week gap between approval and companies telling producers not to use the product, right in the spray season window. What do guys do that have contracts signed but have sprayed their crop with clever? I suppose you will be on the hook for getting out of the contract as well as you won't be able to market your crop. I would like to see some leadership by grain companies on directing the sprayed crop just like Triffed flax or they will end up with a big mess on their hands.

Comment

For Canada it is registered however export markets not.

Comment

So the regulatory agency says yes but some end users say no. Just what we needed more segregation in a bulk handling system.

Would anything ever get approved or how long would it take if we had to wait for everybody to get on board. Catch 22

Are things like this used as a tool by buyers(end users) to hopefully depress prices? Short Canadian canola crop might mean higher prices, how do we prevent that? Tinfoil hat theory.

Comment

PMRA registered clever to be used on canola and that includes export markets. It is the grain companies that are dictating what we can and cannot use because of where the canola meal is exported too. All countries except Japan have set maximum Residue Limits of this product and because of this delay we have all of this confusion. The lack of leadership will cause producers to sneak this canola into the system and everyone will be liable. Why can we not get our canola tested for residue and maybe it isn't even testable? It would be nice to have some answers to this problem!!!!

Comment

Maybe this is a good example of where some checkoff dollar efforts should go to.

Approving clever for field use and ensuring customers will accept it should be going on at the same time.

Seems odd that a customer wouldn't want a cleaner product and if a chemical helps why the issue?

But much like triffid flax someone forgot a few details. Interesting.

Alot of well paid people between the field, port and customer and no one tries to prevent a problem?

Back to the tin foil.

Comment

Breadwinner

Good comments about testing.

They should be testing occasionally so that they can say, based on procedures, this is what the levels are.

The interesting thing about triffid is that had they been able to test for triffid from 2000 on, they might have realized the worst was over and it was or had been getting flushed thru the system to minimum levels by the time the EU started their market depressing scheme.

Comment

Another thing I've heard is that farmers are scared to ask for answers to these problems for fear of being singled out. It is not right that we cannot ask the buyer for answers to these problems for fear that they might blacklist your farm. Right now we are faced with a Delema, work with people to resolve the problem or the shoot shovel shut up bury it in the load approach. I like doing things right but hate being pursicuted for being a boy scout. If companies would show some leadership and direct this canola into accepted markets we cold resolve allot of problems for the grower and the seller. The first company that comes up with a realistic option gets my respect and all my canola this year!

Comment

My point is: If an elevator accidently or other wise mixes cleaver treated canola in elevator, are they going to own up, or contaminate your sample to save thier ass. It doesn't have to be management but any employee who might get in trouble for mix up has access to your sample. Do you think he really gives a damd when he is just working there until something better comes along or the oil field opens up again?

Comment

I agree with all your comments breadwinner. Grain companies have turned this into a shit show. And the timing half way through spraying was brutal. They have left a lot of producers hanging and its not right. They needed to make this clever situation much more clear before seeding even started - they all knew but left the majority of the producers hanging till mid June.

Comment

My tin foil hat theory is that one or two of the big Chem companies are pissed that this generic accord came to market before they could get their meat hooks in and are in the background pressuring grain co's and end users to make this a shit show so they can launch there own form of clever and charge $15-20/ ac and turf the $5/ac generic right out . It's all about control and money and they want both

Comment

Yup. I would concur with your assessment, furrow.

Comment

You nailed it furrowticker. Everytime we spray something, or get gmo contamination like the triffid fiasco a farmers asshole has to pucker.

You know what I dont get is why so many conventional farmers are scared of the growing organic food trend. Organics benefits all farmers in a big way. It takes calories off the market, which means higher prices even for conventional plus countless other benefits. Its like giving big biotech the finger and taking our power back as farmers.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...