• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JRI and CLEVER

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a bad idea breadwinner.

Comment

As big lentil describes, i will continue to keep calories off the conventional market and watch the conventional guys do more and more paperwork. As noted above, some conventional farmers will go so far as to encourage other farmers to falsely admit they applied an undesireable herbicide in order to push their production onto a market that doesnt want it, at a discount, in order to make cash flow to pay the retail industry that told them it was safe to apply that herbicide.
      And you guys think organic farming is wrong?

Comment

Hobby I'm not getting into an organic/conventional war. I'm just saying why should a farmer including an organic one be on the hook if a shipment is rejected. You have no recourse..... You signed off on the liability and risk getting sued. What if a spray plane accidently drifts onto your field and you didn't know about it???? You can't guarantee you crop is fully organic if any chemical drifts onto it??? What if your seed supply is contaminated and you didnt know???? As a farmer we can't 100% garrentee something.

Comment

Breadwinner, i agree with your points. I also agree that the industry is going to use this against you to lower prices and impose more bullshit regulations. As it is, no person I am aware of to date has bothered to collaborate with APAS or grower groups to establish more balanced purchase contracts. The farmers paid dearly for dodgy seed growers' Triffid fiasco, and somehow I see that farmers are going to be on the wrong end of this clever in incident.
          Possibly stand together and insist on an industry standard purchase contract that works in your favour instead of always having to defend yourselves. Show that clout and watch things change for farmers. Proactive vs. reactive .
          Craig Zwada has been doing this for a long time. This link looks like he has been collaborrating with industry organizations. So basically the work is 60% complete but , somehow farmers cant seem to make it reality.

http://www.saskmustard.ca/grower/pdfs/contracts-guide01.pdf

Comment

I switched gears above, but the industry is having their way with farmers more than ever. Its disgusting.

Comment

In response to wmebis, when they take a sample, you can also take one home label and seal right in the elevator. Good point!

Comment

exact wording is "jri cannot complete contract unless pesticide form signed " which got me to thinking ? our price for malt is 40 cents under market price now . maybe we should just tell them we used the chem and tell them contract cannot be executed ? yeah right that would work , what a crock of shit

Comment

Caseih they would probably tell you that you owe the the .40$ plus contract penalties. How many guys have contracted canola and wheat sprayed it with clever or manipulator??? What are they going to do in these situations??? What a load of bull from these companies. I think we need to take a bit of the power back into the farmers hands and teach them a lesson. In my opinion if a product is registered for use the farmer is not wrong for using it!!!!! The company is in the wrong for selling the grain to countries that don't have MRL for these chemicals. When the system has a problem why is it that the farmer always has to be the one to blame. If these grain companies don't like the rules they should be after the PMRA not the farmer.

Comment

Went through this with Viterra yesterday.

Accord has been used for years... and no one complained. So Canola NOW from last year is in the system with residue... contamination can come from anywhere. If I sign form... hand sample on unload... split and one sample for me I take home each load. Probes can easily be cross contaminated with previous load... which I cannot watch.

This is about trust. Make me sign a long antitrust statement... expect I will take steps to protect our farm and family legally... goes in both directions.

Viterra will bin separate and send to markets that will not be affected... but could delay delivery they say.

Whatever. With short canola crop that big fight happening to get small crop... this will get worked out. These guys need to get testing figured out... not me. I supply samples... blind they tell me which one has clever applied on it... then I will supply which bin they ask for... if needed... they can have SGS sample my bins.

Comment

Simple class action lawsuit, get off the hook and pull out the pitch forks

Comment

This chemical issue is coming down on our heads. Face it! There will be no choice when buyers decide no more residue of this, that and that too. No markets-no industry.

Comment

Join that with Class and Variety and adding more classes how are the elevators/farmers going to keep segregated and still meet shipments in timely manor.
                          No universal training at elevators and no inward inspection. A little late when it is being dumped onto boat.

Well thought out plan for the industry

Comment

Wmoebis

Can you name who you think is ultimately responsible for this cluster****?

I have an idea but am curious as to who would ultimately be responsible?

And who do you think will be on the hook for this if it goes south?

Comment

Is MRL included or should it be included in our Quality control system?

It has already gone SOUTH but that is what some wanted and are getting.

Comment

Would somebody just tell me who to kick in the ****in head already.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...