• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain.

Go to hell!

We don't need anymore till next year. Two inches again and still pouring on top of 5 a week ago and almost 1 more in between.

Should have bought a tracked Lexion cause we ain't gonna go nowhere with tires.

If I could send this rain somewhere dry I would. Nature is a cruel mistress

Feel for man - that's not good .
    Hope it dries out for you guys and stays that way through harvest - best of luck Klause

Comment

That's a lot of rain to get before harvest. Extremes.

Comment

Thought grassfarmer would be on this one like a wet shirt. Cuz rain makes grain, you know!

Hard to take huh, Klause? This better smarten up soon.

Comment

What years did you actually flood out. Freesheep?

Comment

2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2012, and a little unseeded in 2013, and 2014 for good measure. Why?

Comment

Two fricking inches. Thank god I'm in the USA or our farms rain gauge would have got it with my Louisville slugger. This is what we didn't need. Fricking more god dam rain.

Comment

Who was it that suggested the yr.no site again? Plugged "helmsdale" in and it actually located me... think im not so keen on is it forecasting 27mm of unnecessary (for this year at least) rain next wed/thurs! Suppose i could check another forecast till i can find one i like. But then wunderground has 0.5" over the same period. Drew calling for something widespread next week?

Comment

Freewheat

How have you been able to survive with that many flooded years??? Agristablity, crop insurance outside sources. I can't see how a farm can prosper in those conditions, way too many crop failures!!

Comment

forage farmer. Frugal living. But riders doesn't believe me! I have never said I have been prospering, trust me on that. I am not in agstability. Have had one yield based crop insurance payment and some too wet to seed payments. No outside sources unfortunately.

Has been tough. But again, my family and I live frugal. No toys, no holidays. No prospering either.

Comment

Freewheat, you'll enjoy the destination more if you make the journey count. Do what makes you happy and works for you. In the end we all leave with the same. No need to cave in if you don't want to. I bet those farm raised chickens taste good!!!!

Comment

7 flooded out years of no crop and I think you guys actually froze like we did on another besides throw In a drought year on top and you tell us you put these inputs in and pay for them with chickens?

And with growing no crop have high crop insurance coverage?

Like I said my wife and I and every farm family that originally are from our area and still surviving could in no way stay home and raise chickens you could not afford to do that. and it's beyond absurd to imply that it s all you have to do not to mention it's really being a smartass and disrespectfull to all that are working their asses off. Unless maybe your a one quarter farmer or had everything given or some outside income.

If your really not in agristability then that debate really isn't any of your concern yet you speak the exact same words as we got directly from ditz s office. Maybe you don't realize how many crooks have gotten bundles of money from that program some honest people but fact is fact the ones that need it least get a payout from it. Yet you don't have a problem with that kind of welfare but to us guys with actuall real loss where you put the inputs in you have the fixed costs you have to live and you get crap for weather and the program says fk you and you think that's fine? They were disaster years.

There s more to your story and your truthfulness

Comment

Somehow only got an inch or so. Soaked through and through. Any more and we'll be joining Klause...

Comment

Calm the **** down rider. Seriously doubt the man is lying

We are all playing the hand dealt to us

Comment

Riders. You have issues. Chill.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...