• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain now taking yield out.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain now taking yield out.

Rain don't make grain and now with flooding coming back into the picture. Rain makes mud and crops become a dud.
    We had low areas not fill and turn white before this last shot of water but now those will increase in size.
    Heat took western crops but now he good east side will start to see a decrease.
    Sad what started so good Mother Nature that evil bitch is coming back to hit us now.
    Back to tow ropes, fats for desiccating and rubber boots as work boots.
    F$&k I hate mud.
    Every suit, commodity buyer, billionaire who owns grain companies should spend a week playing in this shit.

SF3,

One would have thought as this was now the new normal for your area... you would be accustomed to working with these conditions. Be happy! We are a blessed land with endless options to harvest reasonable crops with first rate options on Equip. Rear wheel drive and tracks if you must are not hard to get... find some and be happy!!!

Comment

Working on equipment last evening, had to put a jacket on as it was so cool at 7:00 pm already.
      There is a lot of cold air around, need that jet stream to stay north, or look out, mud might be the worst of your problems.

Comment

SF3 as you say "it's only a crop", don't worry about it move on, besides family and friends are more important. Think that's also a "one" liner from you.

Comment

A rain would be good for the area soy crop. It's been (bean) surviving on subsoil moisture, millimeter like showers for two months, and three May and real early June one inch rains.

Mowing out low spots that I haven't seen the bottoms of for years, and damned if the tree fringed sloughs are sucked dry. Pond scum, like the perpetual rain haters lays in baked mats
          within them.

I continue to say I would welcome extreme wet, I would welcome extreme green landscape any day over the extreme alterative.

And it bothers me that farmers think they dwell in SE Sk. If I have to go over a hundred miles north of my location, I wouldn't consider I was still in SE Sk. Someone needs to do a 1 to 10 scale on the province, like they have done to crops to find out where they really live. I'd be satisfied with latitudes and longitudes.

Comment

At least the dry areas don't have to fight to get what ever crop they have off..Low cost, not wrecking any equipment..We are close to a good crop, but might turn out no better than the areas that dried out..

Comment

Mother nature just evened this crop out and it's not to the better.

Mudding thru harvest -I just can't see it being worth it.

Comment

Dumped chickpeas at avonlea this am. 7" or so in last 10 days with 3-4" of standing water pooled in lots of spots... i feel for you guys looking at legumes that are ready to combine!

Comment

very cold summer in scotland, harvest a fortnight late and getting later.
                  continual rain in the west.

Comment

ended up with about an inch. some areas west of here 2 plus.

Comment

Shes a bitch for sure. Make sure u let us know how bad it turns out.

Comment

Good harvest weather forecast for next few days.
                        Am optimistic about getting barley off in good shape for malt.
                        Can't remember a time when the premium over feed was as high as now.
                        Glad to have much to be thankful for and not to be sour about a glorious time of year.

Comment

2 more f#%#ing inches here since tues night , she's wet

Comment

Only good for next year now. Delaying canola shut down worries me more. Need 30 plus for a couple weeks to finisher off.

Comment

Late French lentils sure appreciated the drink, big fat pods about 10 good days from cutting. Son will need some good pick-up reels cause there aren't enough weeds to hold them up, LOL.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...