• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riders

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Riders

I'm not by any means a football expert, but could someone explain to me why would we kick a field goal at 2:47 in the forth quarter when you are one touchdown behind. You still need a touchdown to win. Some of the plays that come from the bench baffle me!

What is killing me are all the penalties. It is totally spoiling the game. Is it the players suddenly don't know what they can or can't do or is it referees calling penalties that shouldn't be called. It is screwing up the league whatever it is.

Comment

Third down and whatever yards, take your points if they're available. Hope to get the ball back, lots can happen in 2:47 in the game. No expert either but enjoy watching. Penalties in that game got a little sickening though, not blaming the refs either. Just too many.

Go Riders Owen Seven!!!

Comment

With all the penalties it looka like they want to turn it into a touch football league.

Comment

1. Third down you need to go for the touchdown being 4 points down means you have to march all the way down the field and score a touchdown, if you don t make it. your d stops them they kick and you start where you would have anyway. That was a no brainer. The rest of the play calling was alright.

2. You look at the riders bench and you d think the team was 6 wins 0 losses, everybody having a ball and trying to look good for the cameras.

3. Have to start sitting guys that take those beyond stupid penalties at the stupidest times to take them.

4. The young quarterback played a very good game.

5. Defence has to stop disappearing in the forth quarter either we re not fit or the other teams are setting us up earlier in the game but we re not reading whats happening.

Comment

I too find it hard to watch cfl. Toooo many penalties. No flow to the game, seems every second play is called back.

Comment

I am not a fan of Chamblin this year but I think it was the right call with 2:47 to kick the field goal.
              If it was 3rd and 1 yard go for it, but 4 yards is too much.
              Chamblin is having a hard time managing the clock this year and letting the team implode every week. Burning timeouts, taking 8 seconds extra to call one!!!! He will likely be gone in offseason.

On a positive note it appears we might have found a quality quarterback in Brett Smith and a quality receiver in Ryan Smith.

Comment

The NFL averages 7 penalties per game. The CFL averages 24 penalties per game. Yesterdays Rider/Argo game had something like 25 penalties in the first half. Tell me....whats wrong with this picture? Are the players that stupid, or do the ref's go on a power trip and get a hard on when they blow a whistle? What a sickening league its getting to be.

Comment

Fortunately I have been busy the last couple of games. My opinion is that the season ended with Glenn's injury. So let's get some game time for some up and comers and improve for next year.

There are too many players in the sunset of their career on the team.

Comment

I'm no Pro. But I like what I see in B. Smith. He's dodgy, will run, and can throw. Give him time to "mature" and we might have something. Durant was fun to watch in his prime....strong man.

Hard to say what the issue is regarding penalties but with the new no contact pazt five yards that created alot of penalties then the refs changing how they call it. Seemed in the beginning everything drew a whistle now they seemed to have relaxed....so what is it? But some penalties fall squarely on the players shoulders. Inexperience or what ?

Comment

Doesn't matter if it was third and 20 you get the one more shot at the endZone this way which is the only way you win the game. No time for three field goals. It was a waste of valuable time.

Kick the field goal they get the ball. Miss on third down they get the ball same difference just blew another chance.

Comment

Either the penalties, refs or the players are a joke WTF - it is horrible to watch .
                        CFL used to be exciting to watch , now just plain horrible shit to waste time

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...