• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CGC Reclassify 29 Wheat Varieities. I smell a rat!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brave your so full of shit your not even funny.
    Explain how If I had contracted grain with one company for a certain amount of Money then couldn't deliver so had to wait and wait and wait. This same grain I could have loaded up and taken to the USA for less money plus trucking etc.
    Get a life you have no Idea what happened two years ago out here.

Comment

I think I'm right on this one a big fat RAT is running the show.
      Follow the Money on who is for and who doesn't like!

Comment

Canada exported as much wheat as the US last year if you include durum. Only the European Union exported more.
        But the importing countries really didn't like Canadian wheat?????

Comment

I'm surprised goodeve is not on that list. The Mills I work with were never fond of it. Love utmost though.

Comment

What are we going to gain by reclassification?
            How many guys have wheat they can't sell because of poor gluten strength/baking quality? Other factors yes.
            Is the price going to reflect better quality?
            If you grow one of the reclassified wheats where will the market be, at what price? Will the new class be priced at same as USA DNR same as now?

Comment

No gain.

Sure wish the people responsible for the changes and the lobbying efforts would put up their hand.

Comment

It does seem redundant. You'd think gluten strength could have been integrated into existing grading systems. A ferinograph test on samples would likely cost a whole lot less than another product stream.

Comment

SF3, that year US wheat was higher than here because the Canadian basis was very weak from the rail crisis. So that's your story's already bs.

Did you contract ALL your wheat to CA grain co? Seems radical. I think you're full of shit. Too many luaus. You lost track.

Comment

I'm full of shit yea right some will never get what happened in the great railway fu$& and grain company duck up of that year! Yes it was on only 60% of my hrs but still pissed me off when your ready to go and have to sit till July August and sept on a Nov dec and jan! But in your world all was ok! FM!

Comment

Tom: Not all elevators have to accept every class. So how do we know what elevator is going to accept what class, before we seed.

Wouldn't want to seed that class if only market is 1 elevator 3 hundred miles away.

Comment

Wm
                        Just like for flax
                        I ask
                        Many options!
                        Works just fine!
                        Cheers!

Comment

Here it is, just out: I sugjest you read in it's entirety. http://www.grainscanada.gc.ca/wheat-ble/ds-sd/declaration/declaration-en.pdf

Comment

Wmoebis

Interesting. And yet they can't get a contract written for penalties of late acceptance or protein premiums/discounts written into contracts at time of signing.

Speaks volumes as to who the government agencies really work for.

Comment

similar happens in aust we have 7 segregations at most elevators.

someone mention Russian what and getting blended up with Canadian that's fact not fallacy.

thing that is funny since ive been farming 81 new varities come out 5to7% higher each year crikeys we should be 70 bushels plus each year when you add it up strange it don't work like that.

breeding here is now about yield first disease resistance second and milling quality always last and nothing else basically. Sprouting in wetter areas during harvest is becoming a massive problem a few heavy des is enough for sprouting it seems tongue in cheek a little but you get my drift.

Comment

I think the elevators should have to sign a declaration too!
                                Once we drop off our grain they can do what they want with blending etc. They take keep the sample in their possession.

If we deliver CWRS and later it has mixed classes in it they should be down grading it. It not they are agreeing that they meet the class I delivered into.

Maybe elevators need to only use CGC certified samplers and store every sample in using the locked box system.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...