• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who the *** wants to work in Ag ???

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I run 25-30 year old equipment. My favorite response is , " fist time I ever heard of it".

Really? The very very very first time you ever heard of a rotor belt with cracks in it?

Luckily I dont get too excited anymore, I expect to be disappointed. The good news is, when they have what I need, its quite a celebration.

Comment

Usually a hour and a half drive will pick up most everything we need... at the big Deere warehouse in Nisku Alberta. If not there... almost everything is in Regina! Sometimes paying extra for green paint is not a bad idea!
      Smile and be happy, we seldom hear 'well done thanks very much for this'! How do you want folks to remember you?!!!
      Cheers!

Comment

You guys seem to think this is some kind of a surprising revelation. Dealerships haven't and never will keep most parts in stock for years. Why would they. That would mean overhead for them in the form of stock in the back room or warehouse. When you need it they order it, no money up front for them or the worry of a part carryover. They all do it and have everyone by the balls. The parts manager or any dealership would be in major shit and or fired if he had an inventory carryover of any amount of seasonal parts. Big profits in parts and service and no parts carryover means managers doing good jobs. You cant even get the most basic part for any piece of equipment without ordering it. Christ even knife sections or guards, you want 10 guards, oh we only have 4, if you want them over night we can do that its just 25 dollars more, LOL. Farming is a ****ing joke. If you are in the oilfield and needed the most complicated and exotic part and service to go along with it it is handled immediately, because they are scared shitless that you would go somewhere else. Not in farming. Don't even get me started with after hours service. I remember when we could haul grain to the elevator off the combine at midnight, and the elevator was 10 miles away!!!!!!!

Comment

They had the parts there , service manager had a guy out to help - but they parts guys would not answer phones after 5 pm or find anyone to get them . Regardless - not the first time there or at other dealers in this area.
          Service guys have been willing it's the shit show in parts as many have pointed out especially from fukin Friday to Sunday - during harvest ... Brutal

Comment

I realize this isn't practical for everything but we try to keep the belts that are commonly needed at the farm. Can save hours in lost combining time. But should it be my job to stock the damn stuff? I guess if you know a certain part is prone to failure it might be worth having one around, everything else is guess work.

Work safe and smart. Take care out there!!! Don't forget to get some sleep somewhere along the way. Everyone else in the chain is.

Comment

Can't be talking Jay Dee, at combine clinic they had a suggested list of parts for each combine. The deal was take them home and if not used, return after harvest for full credit. Also 120 days NPNI on JD Financial.
              Always had after hours phone numbers and we have used it, At Kelvington anyway, parts and service tech has come out at night.

Comment

A good machine shop can build almost anything except a belt, but sometimes you need the dealership.

Comment

Or you can order a part only to find out that another parts person sold it to some one else..

Comment

I get good service from Maple and Nykhholaisen. Even Nicks service in Regina.
                    Parts for Deere is easy do dealer pickup from warehouse Massey not so good. If our new Deere combines go down at night someone runs to Regina and if it's a easy fix I'll fix it before they get out. If hard they have guys on call. Usually first week has the most trouble. This years new feeder house and concave system could be a problem but so far so good. Only problem is a f$&king sensor that the concave is open to much in peas.

Comment

Was worrworried with Claas.... for 150 bux rent they send out 13,000 worth of common parts for your machine. Whatever you don't use you take back at the end of the season.

Works for me.

Very fortunate KMK Sales has all of the stuff we need in stock... and we don't run new equipment. 1980 tractors, 1989 swather and a 1996 combine.

They're like the Trochu Motors of Sask.

Comment

Agree with you on KMK , there great.
                        Hergott is good too. A couple years ago I needed honeybee parts and jay dee had none Rocky had one somewhere in Alberta but Hergott had 8 on the shelf, the bigger the dealership the more out of touch they seem to be with what is needed, it's like the accounting department stocks the shelves.

Comment

that's exactly right good rum, because small dealerships care ! but they are going the way of the dodo bird , unfortunate

Comment

Some small dealerships - not all

Comment

Needed a feeder house belt today. Markussons was open until 5:00. Only $350.

Comment

One local was open a whopping 3 hrs 9-12 yesterday with one parts guy - others were at least 1/2 staffed. Absolutely no one there on Sundays - that's crazy talk - lol

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...