• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "F" word again.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I seeded 43E03 last, about may 20 to 23. It flowered as long as the long season varieties, now it is my worst hit.

Comment

That makes no sense what so ever there guy , what was fertility and soil tests on that compared to your "other canola" - something is wrong with your statement big time - or your full of shit. I can show your at least 8000 ac within 20 miles of me that says the complete opposite. If your not busy tomorrow I will gladly take you for a drive..

Comment

furrow, I assume you are referring to my statement about 43E03.
        I should have clarified. Almost all of my completely frozen acres are 43E03, but that isn't the varieties fault,I seeded it last because it was a short season variety. Wanted to spread the risk out, as it was scary dry around here. was too dry to germinate so it sat in the ground for nearly a month, then when it finally grew, we got just enough moisture and cooler weather so that it really performed. I expected it to flower for a very short period like the 73-15 does, instead it just kept flowering for weeks. The slightly earlier seeded 43-E03 was direct seeded into better moisture a few days earlier and established right away, quit flowering in mid August. I did two test strips within, one of Pioneer 45H29 and one of 74-44 Dekalb. All seeded same time and nutrients. All started and finished flowering virtually the same time, but the E03 changed colour much faster then the other two. Pioneer seed rep came and looked and stated that most of the difference in maturity is expected after flowering, not during or before.

I am quite pleased with how the 43E03 has performed, I wanted to find a short season RR variety that can handle stress, I think this is it. 73-15 in the area this year looks quite poor in comparison. I refuse to ever grow 73-15 again, once was enough. I will be trying more next year and will seed it earlier.

If I knew how to post pics in Agriville, I would to show how rank this stuff grew.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...