• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hunger Strikers $400,000 doing carnage to CNCP Rail!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good call stonepicker.

Comment

Stonepicker

The fact is Tom never could see the issue with delivery delays when SF3 was talking about them.

Then he got involved, late to the party, when he had issues.

Now it's all good again.

Nothing has been fixed. Except canada isn't growing a 60 mmt crop this year.

The conservatives have put this issue on the back burner again. Just like in 1997.

Comment

Bucket,

David Emerson and the whole trade have done extensive work to create a balanced solution that allows market forces to encourage innovation and efficiency... while trying to balance the regulation side.

If we give them an opportunity this may bring some needed changes,

Comment

Given the latest poles, that seems quite unlikely.

Nothing has changed, or will change. If share prices and economy continue to tank a 40 mmt crop will be a struggle.

Comment

Tweety,

Railway performance for the 2015-16 first 4 weeks... dispute your contention.

Comment

Are saying railway performance is adequate?

The system has to strive for being able to handle 60 mmt as a minimum.

It's not there. Nor will it be at the rate they are going. And considering they are still tearing out lines.

No concrete no matter the size should go 1 week without a train.

Comment

What has changed or is even planned to greatly improve rail efficiency?

Comment

NOTHING!!!!!!

And hasn't since 1997 and prior.

Years behind in getting better.

Not even a whisper as to why CP laid of people and idled locomotives and parked cars.

Comment

CP rail stock up 5.5% today. Thank you tom, nice tidy profit for me.

Comment

And another highway falls apart.

Maybe if the railways just ran in the mountains someone would figure out how much this public infrastructure is costing.

Comment

Some guys are gleefully blind because they have one or two mainlines running right beside them that get good service - that accounts for less than 10% of the actual farms in western Canada - but it's backyarditis that kicks in - if it's good for me it's good for everyone everywhere, and everyone else is just a bunch of whiners.

Comment

If I ever ran politically I would impose fines to graincos for making them change delivery points. And fine them for elevator transfers via highways.

There is so much wrong with this system it's not funny.

A nearby branchline should have the competition bureau look at it because there is no competition on it.

Comment

The sweetest poetic justice that happened near here was the Stoughton to Regina line that was basically grain dependant almost forever and then abandoned because there was no concrete terminal on it but only old elevators and some special crops processors. By abandoned I mean sold to Stewart Southern Rail and they are railing oil to Regina on it and servicing the special crops processors. Missed opportunity for CP. Probably chump change for the multi-national. Sarcasm.... I beleive the train runs almost daily, if not pretty damn frequent.

Thumbs up to SSR!!!!

Comment

Farmaholic - that's the same story in many other areas - I hope cp/cn choke on this lost opertunity.
                              When you get too big for your britches, sometimes you forget to button up you fly ...

Comment

That's what makes it so sweet. The oil traffic only came later. There is now a transloading (tanker truck to railcar) site at Stoughton.

I had started the process using producer cars on that line but it got too late in the year(two years ago with the rail cluster**** and big crop) and it was going to run into the beginning of harvest and with limited man power I opted for a terminal delivery on a CWB contract and cancelled the producer cars.. Thanks Louis Dreyfus-Glenavon.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...