• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

StatsCan... Agriweek comment...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last year and most I had around 30000 to 60000 carry over but a 12.00 was good enough for me so bins were empty of canola as most in the east.
    Stats can is full of shit.
    Use crop insurance more people responding and its exact or measured.

Comment

SF3, but why do "they" need to know? Answer that with a realistic answer. Not a "so we can help you better" response. Not that you would reply that way anyway but why do they need to know? Why is it so important....

Charlie Pearson?

Comment

I thought the market knew everything. ?

Comment

Like it or not , Statscan reports move markets one way or the other - traders need that info, false or otherwise to make money - Its all about the dog and pony show for everyone else in the ag industry to extract every last penny from the primary producers pockets.. before any single fact is really on the plate . Buy the rumor - sell the fact.
          With the sat info available some of the industry knows day to day what yields are going to be barring frost/hail events long before the Sarcan reports come out.

Comment

There is no reason to blame farmers for the seeming problem with inaccurate on farm canola stocks.
            The statscan survey is only an estimate and will need to be corrected when the numbers don't add up. I doubt any serious grain speculator trades based on statscan.
            Look at the price action the last few days. Did it really change all that much after the news came out?
            Yearend stocks in the system were more than adequate, 1,300,000 tonnes in store or in transit. Basis reflected that fact. No way there was a shortage of canola and the trade knew it. Basis widened, price weakened, and that's all the news we needed to hear.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...