• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frost advisory for tonight.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At herbicide time crops here were still growing very well, and they responded well according to tissue tests. And yes I adjusted how much we put on by the end of spraying the reseeded canola. Only put fungicide on a few wheat crops that we were saving for seed and also added 1/2 the rate of foliar we used last year cause of dry conditions. Overall we put on 60% of the foliar we used last year because like you said why spend the money if not needed in dry conditions. And your assumption, well ya I wish I would have did the second app on all wheat - we left 8 bus/ac on the table. Did not think it would work that well in dry conditions.
    Agree other products are cheaper but very few can be applied with herbicide or fungicide safely.
    So what crops did you put Kugler on? And what rates? What were the results? What kind of fertility did you have already on at or prior to seeding? Did you get it from me? The list of guys who tried it last year is fairly small. This product was new to this area only last year.
    Last year yields were flat on high end fertility and around 20% increase with mid fertility rates with foliar.
    So you are correct, the ROI not there in some high fertility but paid 3-1 in mid fertility 80% of the time. Protein did increase in most of the wheat with high fertility. We took one guys 80 bus wheat from 11.5 pro to 13.7 but no measured yield response - done just on combine yield. That was $.77/bus on protein alone. That paid very well. Another very progressive farm south of here also seen a 1.5 to 2% increase in protein on wheat on high fertility, again the ROI was very positive.
    In crops with high fertility on three other farms there was a flat response to any additional traditional fert in mid season as well.
    Last year late season disease onset on most crops limited most high end yield potential regardless of fertility used.

Comment

Furrow

Some companies are not paying protein premium over 11 percent on durum. On that crop there would be no ROI.

Comment

This year you are correct - those numbers are from last year.

Comment

Saskcanfarmer - I specifically remember you saying last year that you never used Kugler and most likely never will on your farm . So kinda confused as too if you used it or not ??

Comment

That second app was $15 that got the 8 bus/ac on hrsw - at $6.25/bus so net was around $35 /ac or close to that 3-1 ROI again . So far that was the average on 4 fields and 3 customer fields . An ave gain on protein this year was less than a 1/2 pt , most likely due to already high protein numbers in all wheat and other cereals .

Comment

I probably did say that but I have tried damn near everything. Have to put your money where your mouth is!

Is that ROI over and above using their actual full fert rate at seeing time or?

Comment

Just did - 2 years in a row . If you never tried it don't dis it . Don't say you've tried something and slam it if you've never used it - that looses credibility awful quick. I thought something did not sound right with your statement - maybe just a typo .
                Stop over sometime and I will give you all the results from last year and this year thus far. And the list of guys that actually used it and their phone numbers . Not coffee shop b/s .
                Assumptions very rarely turn out to be true.
                Good luck with harvest and I hope you never froze too much last night if you have crop that is venerable.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...