• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola Questions ?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola Questions ?

All this bullshit reporting that's going on really starting to piss me off ! Anyone want to do answer a quick few questions ?
    1) what percentage is your canola acres seeded compared to last year ? we seeded 80% of last years acres
    2) what percentage do you estimate your yield compared to last year ? i' m hoping for about the same yield the way it looks , we were lucky with rains although some drowned out end of July
    3) do you have any old crop canola ? we have absolutely none , we usually carried some over other years

Higher percentage seeded, yield average I hope, absolutely none carried over.

Comment

Didn't grow any this year. None to shovel out.

Crops are below the input expectations.

Comment

My acreage is up a 1000 from before, no carry over and yield 15 to 20 higher than other years. But I had 10 not so good so hoping to be back in the game. Hail on one so far 30%. We're a unique area.

Comment

Agree , canola acres are down
          Agree , canola yield will be down on ave 30% overall
          but as was stated in another post, there is a lot of carry over canola in cattle/oil country that goes right through the canola belt with big yields the past three years. That's where the numbers get screwed up.
          Does that make up for the b/s statscan numbers - imo , nope . they are still too high. All early canola here never made 30 and its verifiable in the bin or in elevator, 30% is still green in the field as of tonight.
          Never count the chickens before they hatch - that was also said here before.

Comment

Seeded same amount of acres
            Zero carry over
            Combined 1 field of canola that looked like 50 plus from the road..went 36 b/a.

Going to be some ugly surprises in this area from heat blast..

Late seeded only bloomed for 2 weeks..

Comment

Seeded same acres as last year but yield so is 3x what we got last year. No carryover..

Comment

20% increase in canola acres.
                what we harvested so far was yielding better than average but tonight might fix the late stuff with frost.

Comment

Seeded same as last year, looks like 50 but is running 35. No carry over.

Comment

1. None seeded on our farm.

2. Yields in our area will be very poor compared to last year. About 25% of last year.

3. Yes, we have some carryover. Not saying how much.

Comment

What will make #1? to me that is a vital part that statscan can not and will never figure out... from Ontario or ***** Beck.
                      This year , maybe 70% of canola will make #1.
                      It's like hrsw - no one gives a shit about what is good grade - it's all about the fairy tale total production. Which begs to question - does grade even matter in the big picture - me thinks not at all .. ever.

Comment

Canola acres same percentage as last year.

Yields are less than last year.

Old crop canola long, long gone.

Comment

More acres.

More yield... 3x of last year or better.

Comment

HFL why not say I said on another thread in most years it's my insurance and any where from 30000 to 60000 bushels. Your one farmer! Most seem to have swept the bins clean.

Comment

Acres down 25% from last year. None on farm. Yield I have no idea, it is all standing. Looks good, but it is 4 degrees right now, so I may be well screwed.

It is swathable, maybe seeds are firm enough?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...