• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola Questions ?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, 15000 bu. Just not sure it's to our advantage to publish what's out there.

Comment

Klause , right on - hope you get er - you guys deserve it.

Comment

have a half in the bin ran 40bpa

Comment

Why not 90% are out you ha e a little. Math wise I think that's really what's in their. Stats can is full of shut.

Comment

Acreage steady, yield unknown but would guess 10-20% more than last year(rains came just in time to make a big difference).
            Carryover down from last year. About 5000 bu.

Comment

This area will be down 20-40% from last year on canola production. Not a disaster but will not be close to the past 7-8 years here

Comment

20% less acres, yield less than last year, 100 bu carryover

Comment

This farm: same acres, hailed badly last year, so it can only be better this year, but less than average. Early seeded crops are only mediocre, and late seeded were very good, but now frozen. Have some carry over.

I was East of Red Deer as far as Forestburg today, much less canola than usual as I went farther east. Farmer I talked to said he seeded none, as it was too dry. What canola there I was is either very green and late, or already swathed and nothing spectacular, but no failures either. With some fields having 2 or 3 stages. Wheat looked surprisingly good, barley more variable.

Comment

crops look not bad considering how little rain we had early on .

acres about the same or 50 acres less than normal around 950.

and yes i have carryover, usually have 2-3 thousand , have about 9 , this year
                    a case of backyard itis , thought as dry as it was here we would see 14$.
                    but things went the other way.
                    my bad.

on the bright side the old crop is 7%
                    moisture, maybe i can combine some at 12.
                    next time stats canada survey phones ,
                    we all just have to say , it is privileged business information.
                    oddly they do not check what is in chem and fert. warehouses to see if the price should go up or down.

and as far as the govt. using the stocks info to provide enough shipping .
                    that's really a joke. as we have seen and paid dearly for.

Comment

doesn't sound like much canola left in bins , I'm thinkin stats can is out to lunch ?

Comment

I have a third of last year's canola. My acres down by half so is the yield. As it sits right now I have no canola planed for next year.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...