• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GLY tolerant flax in the pipeline

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great another weed. Roundup ready is the touch of death for the precious little snowflakes out there.

Comment

I agree with Tweety. It is up to us to choose what will be grown on our farms. The trouble is, what I regard as the "downward spiral".
      Industry uses all the business rules to introduce their technology to producers. Farmers use it for the agronomic advantage to gain higher yields, better quality etc. End users say , no...bad farmer....due to lack of acceptance or even the mere whisper of objection, prices drop and farmer is penalized. Farmer then has to grow even more volume to survive on low grain prices which requires industry's latest technology. It is quite the conundrum .
      I guess I am a "glass half empty" type of character, I have to say the large acre efficient neighbours in my area seem to be successfull and they seldom complain. There is new machinery, new houses, new vehicles, world adventures. I think they made it over that "hump". Now, to figure out what makes them so productive!

Comment

The disease shitstorm in canola cometh. Maybe the smartest thing to do was farm the crap out if it short term and retire. The definition of a good progressive farmer today. Idiots like me with a five year rotation and minimal pesticides are complete losers.

Comment

I worry about getting too many diff varieties and classes of all grains that will have to be kept separate at farms and elevators to fill specific markets.
          With zero tolerances and farmers having to sign affidavits that assume responsibility right up to end user. How is not only your grain but also your samples going to be guaranteed that there will be no cross contamination?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...