• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GLY tolerant flax in the pipeline

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GLY tolerant flax in the pipeline

Pretty cool, it looks like Glyphosate resistant Flax is in a development pipeline.

[URL="http://www.cibus.com/products.php"]The Link is Here[/URL]

Just one question.

Have our customers approved this?

I will refer to triffid flax and some Syngenta corn variety if this is not approved by them.

Comment

To be clear. I am not against these things but I am quite tired of being on the hook for such incidents, financially and costly testing.

Comment

What's to approve? It's non-GMO, which in the breeding world, means you can get away with anything.
        Naturally safe, all natural, like nature intended. Non-GMO Rainbows and Unicorns.

Comment

Wouldn't have the sulfonylurea tolerant been better than over used glyphosate? Just saying. Resistance issues already.

Comment

A lot of glyphosate in flour this year. Lots of pre-harvest due to uneven emergence.

Comment

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Comment

Farmaholic, LOL!
                Everybody knows...all the kooks and stupid consumers, hippies, city folks, fear mongers, housewives, and whatever names farmers choose to call end users.
                Industry will continue to shove their technology onto the market, farmers will pay for the agronomic advantages in order to grow volume to survive and it aint no big deal.

Comment

Sum dumb - uh , gly has been used in pre harvest wheat for over 20 years ...

Comment

SDG's point is the timing issue Furrow.

Yeah Hobby I know just being a sarcastic jackass.

Comment

I don't ant anything else roundup ready on our land

Comment

Just what Ag needs. More group 2 resistance.

Bucket you can approve a trait in canada and it doesn't matter if it affects markets. There is no law preventing anyone from getting a trait brought to market in canada besides registration.

Comment

Tweety

That's just great.

But who pays if it's not accepted by customers.

That story has been written already.

Comment

You do and I do of course.

But in terms of a science based reg system it can be registered. It would then be up to farmers to decide whether or not to grow it. The real decision is up to us.

Comment

Tweety

Agreed but that does make it right if things get ****ed up again.

I expect those responsible to take the hit not farmers again.

Someone has to do their due diligence.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...